PART ONE - IMPOSTER

"Nice to know she still eats like a crazy person."

The two boys watched in amazement as Maia shoveled food down her throat. She didn't bother questioning their stares because she was too consumed with hunger.

They watched from the front as Maia practically swallowed her burger whole. She used the whole backseat to spread out her entire meal.

She finally looked up and spoke with a mouthful, "Do you guys have any fries?"

Stiles kept his eyes on her and numbly handed her a bag. She snatched it quickly and dumped the contents into her mouth. She sighed in delight.

"Sorry," she mumbled sheepishly, "I haven't eaten in days. I was too busy searching for you."

Scott finally brought up the courage to speak, "You were looking for me? Because Issac told you to?"

She nodded, shoving more of the burger in her mouth.

Stiles straightened up and tried to face her as much as possible, "Issac Lahey, the guy who wears scarves in every season and lives in France?"

She nodded once more.

"How do you even know him?"

She opened her mouth to answer but promptly shut it. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I don't remember."

Stiles turned to his best friend, lowering his voice, "Her memories are gone, dude. Like gone gone."

"Yeah, I got that."

The alpha sighed and glanced between her and Stiles.

"We should call Derek," he advised.

"What?" Stiles' eyes widened, "No, we shouldn't! He's not even in California right now. And as far as he knows, she's dead."

He lowered his voice to a whisper to make sure that Maia couldn't hear. Then he signaled for the both of them to get out of the car.

Scott sighed and hopped out, moving to the front of the Jeep and staring at Maia through the windshield.

"How do we know that's not some imposter?" Stiles questioned.

"An imposter with the same face as her?"

"Crazy stuff happens here all the time!" he defended, "We watched her die, Scott. We buried her."

Scott sighed and shook his head. He twiddled his thumbs in thought, "I don't know, Stiles...I think that's her."

The other boy scoffed in disbelief. He ran a hand through his hair, glancing back at the girl for a moment.

"Look, I know that Maia's death was painful for you," Scott stated. He placed a hand on his friend's shoulder, "But if that's really her...don't you want to find out?"

They both looked at Maia. She was still eating, mustard smearing near the edges of her lips. One thing they knew for sure was that her eating habits hadn't changed a bit.

Stiles sighed, "Okay. But when you're complaining about my plan, just remember that you put yourself in that position."

He marched back over to the driver's side and swung open the door. Scott furrowed his brows, now concerned with what the plan actually was.

But he followed after him nonetheless, hopping into the car. Once he was inside, Stiles' phone began to ring.

"What's up, Lydia?"