FOR ME OR FOR YOU

"She hasn't left the house in days."

"To be fair, she's a pretty anti-social person."

Issac glared at Theo lightly. The latter simply shrugged in response.

The two were currently huddled together, having a morning meeting about what to do about Maia.

She'd been holed up in the house ever since the day she got her memories back. The only time she ever went out was when she helped Argent plan their trip.

Most of the pack tried to break her out of her shell again.

Lydia was the first to swing by, which Maia didn't mind. The woman actually appreciated the company because the banshee knew not to push her too far and she provided a good distraction.

Stiles tried but he could tell that things were still awkward from before, so he left quickly and didn't try again. Malia did the same, but she had no filter. That made it difficult to not set Maia off.

Scott attempted it, but when he tried to motivate her into talking to Derek and interacting with the pack more, she gave him a glare that told him to make a quick exit.

The sheriff and Melissa came by once just to offer general house things since the current werewolf residents rarely went grocery shopping.

Liam, Mason, and Corey came by as well. But they felt awkward, so they left quickly. Except for Liam, who usually stayed for a little longer.

Hell, even Roan tried. While he still lived at the Hale house, he rarely spoke to his housemates. But on occasion, he'd stop by Maia's door and poke his head in to see if she needed anything.

As for Derek...well, he never even tried. He was trying to give her space and time but it just felt like an endless bridge between them that would never be fixed. So he packed some things and stayed at his old loft for the meantime.

The only people Maia really talked to were the guys living with her, Liam, Lydia, and Argent. And even still, her conversations were short.

"Why don't we take her out?" Lydia suggested, "She can do something normal for the day without any stress."

The pair began to agree but cut themselves off when Maia thumped at the bottom of the stairs. She came around the corner and moved around them to the fridge.

She noticed how suddenly quiet they got and suspiciously turned to them.

"What's going on?" she asked.

The boys looked at the banshee to start the dangerous conversation.

The girl simply plastered on a bright smile and spoke cheerily, "We were thinking about going out today. Maybe we can go to the ice rink and grab some pizza after?"

"Yeah, you know, just getting out of the house," Issac added casually.

Maia narrowed her eyes and glanced between all of them and their weirdly upbeat smiles. Their encouragement almost looked faked.

"Is this an intervention?" she asked.

Lydia laughed loudly and waved her hand dismissively, "No! Of course not! It's more of a friendly relaxation day."

Maia's mouth fell open, "Oh my God, it is!"

"No!"

She scoffed and shut the fridge door a little to roughly. She stood at the end of the counter and faced them all.

"I honestly appreciate the concern, but I'm fine."

Issac finally conceded, "But there are so many problems you need to talk about!"