EXPLODING HEADS

"I'm so sick of revived Arceneaux's."

Maia barely heard Stiles' remark as she shakily pulled herself to her feet. Her eyes stayed on the woman standing a mere ten feet from them.

"Can't anyone in your family stay dead?" he grumbled.

The two women were engaged in a staring contest. One of them seemed relaxed but the other was completely rigid. Maia didn't know why, but she felt the urge to run away.

Derek gently tugged on her arm, pulling her slightly behind him.

"How do you remember her?"

She shook her head in confusion, "I don't know."

Another figure emerged from around the corner. Maia didn't recognize them this time but everyone else did.

"Colin."

Her brows furrowed as she thought back to what Derek had told her. Colin was supposedly her brother, and in seeing him now, she could see the similarity.

She felt a terrible dread and guilt weigh in her heart, physically making her want to curl up. Tears automatically came to her eyes.

Everyone anxiously waited for someone to make a move.

Her mother nodded her head towards Roan, who looked petrified, "Get him."

Colin obeyed and took a step forward to open the door to his cell. Before his hand could touch the metal barrier, Maia pulled out a gun from Argent's holster.

Everyone jumped and tensed, not including any of the Arceneaux's. All of them simply challenged each other with their eyes.

Maia fearlessly held the gun up to Colin with only a few feet of distance between them.

"You're not going anywhere with him."

She tried to calm her racing heart as he looked back at his mother for instructions. The woman narrowed her eyes at her daughter.

"Kill her too."

Maia's shock gave Colin the perfect opportunity to knock the weapon out of her hands. It clattered to the ground as her body was knocked into the opposite wall.

Her friends came to her defense. But the second they took a step, several hunters ran around the corner and began to shoot.

The sheriff pushed Stiles behind him and pulled out his gun. Argent did the same and they fired together.

The werewolves were trapped unless they got within a close enough distance to attack. Scott and Derek scrambled to get to Maia, pulling her body behind them while ducking for cover.

Slowly, they began to edge away from Roan's cell and creep towards the other exit on the opposite end of the hallway.

But Maia caught sight of Colin going for Roan's door again. Derek tried to pull her back but she yanked her arm away.

"Let's go!" he shouted.

"We can't just leave!" she argued, "They'll kill him!"

They looked to see that Colin was now inside the cell, dragging a resistant werewolf out.

"And if he leaves, he'll kill you!"

She grit her teeth and anxiously looked back and forth. Argent and the Sheriff were in front of them, holding off the hunters for as long as they could.

"I'm not leaving him," she said firmly.

She looked at him with determined eyes. And those eyes could make him do anything.