UNSPEAKABLE THINGS

"Shut up."

Maia groaned as she shut off the alarm next to her. It wasn't her idea, but Lydia insisted that they went shopping early in the morning.

She wiped the sleep from her eyes and tapped the snooze button. She was about to go back to bed, but as she turned over she saw two figures in the corner of her room.

She screamed in fright, instantly sitting up and throwing off the covers. The two people jumped at her scream, scrambling to find the source of fear.

Stiles fell out of his chair, falling to the ground but quickly getting up. Derek popped up, grabbing the armrests to ground himself.

When they saw that she was staring at them and there was no danger, they relaxed.

"Uh...good morning," Stiles greeted awkwardly.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" she shouted.

The men glanced between each other to defend their reason.

"Stiles said you weren't sleeping well since you've been back so we wanted to make sure you were okay," Derek explained.

She turned her glare to the younger one, "Have you been watching me this whole time?"

"What?" he scoffed, crumbling under the panic, "Of course not!"

Her eyes widened at the obvious lie. She reached behind her for the pillow. The two both knew what she was about to do and they tripped over themselves trying to escape.

"Get out!" she screamed, throwing the pillow. It managed to hit Derek in the head before they were both out and the door shut.

She groaned in frustration and pulled herself out of the bed. She picked up one of the shirts she borrowed from Stiles and slipped it on.

She kept on her pajamas shorts because she was too tired to change at the moment. She jogged down the stairs and moved to the kitchen.

Stiles and Derek were guiltily sitting at the table, hands folded in front of them. They looked like two children that were sent to the principal's office.

She narrowed her eyes at them before turning her back to pour some cereal for herself.

"Maia-"

She held her hand up and cut Derek off. They stayed in silence as she poured the milk into her bowl.

Stiles tried this time, "We-"

She glared at him fiercely. Even with tired eyes, she was still scary enough to shut him up.

She faced them completely, slowly eating her cereal with a deadly glare on her face. They watched cautiously, simultaneously avoiding her gaze and glancing at her every so often.

The sheriff trudged in. He immediately noticed the tense atmosphere and saw the men cowering beneath her look. He was happy to see that even without memories, she could still put them in their place.

"What did you two do this time?" he asked.

He moved around to make some coffee but she stopped him. She pulled out a cup from the cabinet and made the drink herself. Without consciously knowing it, she knew where everything was. She expertly pulled on drawers and cabinets, successfully making the sheriff coffee and toast with jelly.

"None for us?" Stiles scoffed.

"I don't think you're getting anything soon from the way she's looking at you," his dad commented.

She nodded in agreement and handed him his breakfast. He smiled in thanks and bit into his toast. She turned back to her cereal and continued to glare at the boys.

Derek inhaled deeply, "We may have...overstepped our boundaries."

She quirked her eyebrows for him to go on.

"And we're sorry," he apologized.

Stiles scoffed, "I'm not. You can be mad at me but I was just trying to make sure you were okay."

She faked a smile and set down her bowl. She slowly walked in between them, bending over to lean closer to their ears.

"Listen very closely," she murmured, "I can take care of myself. I don't need two babysitters watching my every move."

She quickly latched onto both of their ears, tugging on them. They both winced as their heads were practically knocked together.

"If you try to stop me from living my life then I will do unspeakable things to your manly parts with the bat under my bed," she threatened, "Got it?"

Their cheeks flushed in embarrassment and worry. They didn't dare to speak so they nodded.

She sighed in satisfaction and let them go. They held their ears from the throbbing while the sheriff simply shook his head in amusement at the scene.

She turned her smile onto the older man, "Have a great day at work."

She spun around and marched back upstairs to get ready for shopping. She heard grumbles being muttered as she jogged up the stairs.

It wasn't long before she heard the door open and Lydia's voice appeared. She wasn't dressed yet, let alone ready to leave.

But as the minutes passed, a knock on her door finally came. She called for them to enter from the bathroom and Derek poked his head in.

She hid behind the door to see who it was, keeping her bare top half covered.

"Are you sure you're okay to go out?" he asked precariously, "The mall is crowded and filled with lots of noises. You might lose control."

She lightly glared at him.

"It's just a warning," he stated.

She pulled a new shirt over her head and came out of the bathroom. His eyes glanced over her appearance with shock.

She noticed his expression and frowned, "What?"

He stuttered to find the right words.

"You never really wore skirts before."

She observed the outfit once more before looking back up at him, "Does it look bad?"

He shook his head vigorously, "No! No, I didn't mean it like that. It looks nice, it's just different."

He peered into her closet and found her signature leather jacket hidden in the back for safe keeping. He pulled it off the rack and tossed it to her.

She slipped it over her tank top and sighed, twirling around to show him the new look.

"That's more like it," he smiled.

She grinned in return and he opened the door for her. They both walked down the stairs and met Stiles and Lydia at the front door.

The two were lightly kissing each other on the lips lovingly. They didn't pull apart even when they heard footsteps approaching them.

Derek felt a small twinge if jealously, knowing that he couldn't have that with Maia at the moment.

But the girl playfully rolled her eyes in response to the action. She tugged on Lydia's hand, pulling her away from her boyfriend.

Stiles called after them as they reached the car, "Be safe! And don't kill anyone!"

Maia scoffed,

"Don't get yourself killed either!"

-----