A PYRRHIC VICTORY

"How long do you think they can stall her?"

Stiles shrugged, "I'd say they're about three minutes away from getting their asses completely kicked."

He looked behind him to see Mason and Corey with wide eyes filled with fear. Lydia smacked the boy in the arm.

"But I believe they can hold on," she reassured.

They hesitantly nodded to ease their worries. They looked up to the front of the van to see Argent and the sheriff sitting in the front two seats.

"How close are we?" Stiles asked.

"About ten minutes out," Argent answered, "Parrish is already waiting at the warehouse."

Malia sighed, "I should be out there helping them. Not stuck on guard duty."

"You're guarding a weapon that can take control of our friends. If the hunters get their hands on this thing then we've pretty much lost."

She glanced down at the briefcase sitting in the middle of Stiles and Lydia. Its contents were securely locked within the case and could only be opened with a special ten digit code.

"It won't be long until Maia's mom realizes that the compass she has isn't the real weapon," Lydia stated, "What do we do if she finds it with us?"

"We fight like hell to protect it," the sheriff replied. He checked his gun to make sure it was loaded.

"But that means that our friends have failed and they'd be in trouble," Mason reminded, "They would've taken Scott, Liam, Derek-"

Malia stopped them, too anxious to hear anything about the potential ways for the plan to go wrong.

"I'm sure they'll be fine."

--

"I am very much not fine!"

Peter grunted as another hunter shot him in the leg. He pulled out the arrow from his calf and used it to stab the guy. He growled in anger and turned his glowing eyes onto Derek.

"Walk it off!" he shouted, too busy dealing with his own attackers.

All around them was chaos. Hunters went toe to toe with werewolves. Shots rang out and growls rumbled the forest. Bodies flew and crashed from friend and foe alike.

Small battles raged on around the center of the clearing. In the middle was Maia and Isla, facing each other with passionate rage.

Their blows were fierce and unconfined. Their injuries went beyond the limitations of any werewolf. But the pain of their wounds felt like nothing in comparison to the fire that raged in their souls and urged them to fight.

Fury was fighting against wrath. Two unstoppable alphas battled for dominance and control. Some would say that the fight went too far beyond the moral values, but they thought nothing of it.

Moral values were nothing when it came to the Arceneaux's.

The battle seemed to go on for forever. But soon enough, the wolves began to lose. Once they saw their friends fall, they lost courage. They worried for the others and in doing so put themselves in danger.

Even Maia fell prey to the trap. She caught her friends being hurt out of the corner of her eye.

Theo was being held down by at least four men. Issac and Liam desperately tried to help him but they were too injured or too busy fighting another.

Scott was by himself, taking the brunt of some of the strongest hunters. He'd chosen to protect the boys while they tried to help themselves. But he was tiredly falling as well.