PART TWO - POST WAR

"Where is she?"

Derek motioned out to the side where the window was. Issac peered through to find Maia sitting on one of the steps on the back porch.

"Has she said anything?" he asked.

"Not since everyone left. She made sure everyone was okay before going out there."

Derek winced as he wrapped his bandages around his arm and taped them to his chest. Peter rolled his eyes from his chair in the corner and teased the man for being a scaredy cat.

"I'm giving her space," he defended.

"Maybe she doesn't want space."

Peter hopped up and began walking towards the back door that led outside. The other two tried to stop him but he had already left, walking closer to Maia.

"On the bright side, if his pep talk doesn't cheer her up I'm sure bitch slapping him will," Issac pointed out.

They silently watched as Peter took a seat beside Maia. He sighed and folded his hands, following her stare as she gazed into the woods.

"You know, Derek won't say anything but I will," he began.

"I'd rather you not," she retorted.

He ignored her and kept going anyway.

"I think that you made the right choice today. You made the choice that the McCall pack would've made. I'm sure they're proud of you."

She shook her head dismissively as if to say that it didn't matter.

"I've made sacrifices for selfish reasons before. And I can say that this wasn't one of those decisions," he stated, "You did what you needed to do."

"I killed my brother," she snapped.

Her eyes finally turned to him, piercing into the windows of his soul. Her expression was filled with guilt and fury.

"And don't tell me it's not my fault because it is. Everything that's happened since I came to Beacon Hills is because I was selfish and I wanted more."

He barely leaned away in slight fear of her aggression. She noticed and tried to calm herself down by breaking away from his eyes, staring back into the woods.

"The first time around, I nearly killed my friends myself. And then I died and came back to life. And the second time around, my family tried to kill us. It's all connected to me."

He clicked his tongue, "Now that's selfish."

She frowned in confusion.

"Taking all the blame for yourself is selfish. You won't even let the rest of us take some," he pouted.

"What are you saying?"

He rolled his eyes impatiently, "Every decision leading up to a moment isn't just you. You consider Derek and Theo and Issac and everyone else before taking action. And then you put the blame on yourself so that they feel okay."