Chapter 13:Slag That Rich Old Man

Li Yihan was strangely silent for two seconds. After that, he finally noticed another key point in Chi Zhao’s words.

“You seem to get along well with the girls in your class.”

“En!” Chi Zhao nodded happily, “I’ve also been invited today to travel together. I’m leaving this Friday.”

Li Yihan stepped on the accelerator and nearly exceeded the speed limit. He frowned slightly and asked while staring straight ahead: “Which classmate, is it just the two of you?”

Chi Zhao answered very honestly, “I don’t remember her name. Anyway, she is a classmate and it’s not just the two of us. Altogether, there are more than a dozen people. After finishing the exam, everyone wants to relax.”

Hearing this, Li Yihan’s tense face eased up a bit. He said: “If you want to relax, I can take you to an island country for a holiday and rent a villa with an ocean view. It’ll be more comfortable than staying in a small hotel room.”

Chi Zhao looked at him gratefully, “Thank you, sir. But I still want to go out with my classmates.”

Li Yihan’s expression didn’t change, but his heart was beating violently. Didn’t he like him? Then why would he rather go out with a group of people who he wasn’t really familiar with on a rushed trip than go abroad for a holiday with his sweetheart?

Chi Zhao didn’t know what Li Yihan was thinking. He didn’t hear Li Yihan’s reply. Thinking about it, he added: “I haven’t had a gathering and played with my peers for a long time. This time, I can change my frame of mind.”

There are too many holes in this sentence. Li Yihan didn’t know where to even start. Why do you want to play together with your peers? Do you think he is too old to get along with on ordinary days? Also, what do you mean by changing a frame of mind, could it be his frame of mind is very depressed when he’s at home?

People ah, once they fall in love, both their IQ and EQ will decline. Recently, Li Yihan has already noticed that he didn’t dislike Qi Yuan and even enjoyed the time spent with him. But the two people had a 14-year gap, the age difference was too big. Furthermore, Qi Yuan was only 18 years old, and he had just come of age. People of this age were both young and impulsive, so he was always worried.

Living up until this age, Li Yihan has never liked anyone. Therefore, he doesn’t understand the feeling of being in love, not to mention how to treat the person who he has a favorable impression of. He is a businessman, every move he makes goes through careful consideration. He will only take action after he is sure that it will profit him.

But towards Qi Yuan, he always had no time to consider and had already taken action, such as this cup of hot tea in Qi Yuan’s hand.

Today, the company was very busy and everyone was working overtime. But Li Yihan glanced at the time and noticed that it was almost time for Qi Yuan to finish the exam. He dropped his task and drove out by himself. Before heading out, he remembered that Qi Yuan is unable to endure the cold. He thought about it, even especially found the secretary and asked for a bag of tea from the box that she usually makes when she’s free.

After driving at the highest speed possible the whole way to the school gate, Li Yihan also wasn’t idle when he arrived. He took the time to make a bottle of hot tea with the hot water kept in his car, just so that it can warm Qi Yuan’s hands.

In fact, he should’ve told the secretary the truth so that she could give him four lovely hand warmers of different colors and shapes from under her desk, and he won’t need to be misunderstood as lacking blood.

……

At the same time that IQ drops, the EQ isn’t much higher either. Li Yihan is now a victim of this mentality. Qi Yuan’s casual remarks will be over-interpreted by him, and then he’ll never look back as he goes towards a pessimistic direction.