Chapter 5: Tracker

Anyway, for now the kitten gets to stay.

After only two days of feeding, the kitten gained a lot of weight, from being skinny when it first came to house, to now being well-balanced. It was estimated that in a while, it will even be able to upgrade to being wide-bodied.

These days, Li Yihan went home almost every day, and Chi Zhao was getting used to this life. In the evening, Chi Zhao squatted on the kitchen floor and attentively watched the kitten lick its milk without blinking.

Li Yihan came to the kitchen to fetch some water. Earlier, he had heard Zhang Bo saying that the young master had not gone out anywhere in the evening recently and had been studying hard at home. Li Yihan felt that this was all due to his good parenting.

…..

Originally, Chi Zhao was a good child who liked learning. Even without Li Yihan’s condition for keeping the kitten, he would not go anywhere. He would have stayed at home and read books on his cell phone. But it was only after Li Yihan’s threatened him that he had to study very carefully.

Taking a bottle of mineral water, Li Yihan went over to Chi Zhao and looked down at the top of his head. “What’s the name of the cat?”

Chi Zhao could not help but resent Li Yihan right now. He used to be a preschool education major. He studied liberal arts while Qi Yuan is a science student. He can’t understand any of the books, and even worse, he has to learn a lot of this stuff for the first time at a college level.

When Chi Zhao thought of this, he quickly became depressed. Since he is depressed, he will naturally not give the culprit a good attitude.

Following the hair on the cat’s head, Chi Zhao quietly raised his eyes and very boldly stated, “Little Li.”[1]

Li Yihan was not angry. He just slightly ticked his lips up and repeated the words of Chi Zhao.

“Little Li?”

The last syllable was spoken with a strange tone. Chi looked into Li Yihan’s eyes and could see a sentence clearly forming in it.

—— Ha-ha, it seems that I don’t want my allowance this month.

Chi Zhao: “… It’s better to call Xiao Pang.”[2]

Afterwards, Chi Zhao lowered his head down, and while Li Yihan did not leave, he did not say anything either. Chi Zhao explained to him, “It’s too thin, just like me. If you let me eat more, I’ll let Xiao Pang eat more. Xiao Pang, lets become fat together!”

Li Yihan, like him, half squatted on the ground and looked at Xiao Pang.

The action of Xiao Pang’s milk drinking seemed slow and leisurely, but truthfully, it’s like a tornado. The milk on the plate is becoming less visible to the naked eye.

Li Yihan stared at it for a while and then asked Qi Yuan, “Is it male or female?”

“Male,” Chi Zhao answered happily this time, instead of taking the opportunity vent some more of his resentment onto Li Yihan, “I guess it’s less than two months old. In another year and a half, I’ll take it to the hospital and castrate it.”

Men, when they hear the word castrate, naturally have an instinctive lower body pain, as if they were protesting against the word in spirit.

Silently, Li Yihan turned his head and looked at Chi Zhao. “You seem to know a lot. Have you ever had a cat before?”

Chi Zhao opened his mouth and said, “Of course, I often picked up stray cats from the street. I’d clean them up after I get home, give them a bath, cure any diseases, and train them to go to the toilet, then I would give them to a family that wanted to adopt. If they’re old enough, I’ll get them sterilized.”