Chapter 4: Clementine Cat

After saying that, Zhou Tian rushed away, and Chi Zhao could only look at his retreating back, feeling puzzled.

Eventually, the teacher came, but very few of the students listened carefully. As a person who has already learned this lesson, Chi Zhao didn’t have the mind to pay attention to it.

Instead, he was deliberating with the system.

“He’s such a hot-tempered man. I haven’t done anything wrong. Why did he curse me?”

System: “…”

[He didn’t curse you; he was telling the truth! That upperclassman, Duan Bo, is the Duan family’s prince, the future successor of Duan family. The influence of Duan family and the Li family are about equal. Now that you’ve provoked him, there is absolutely no good end to this situation!]

Chi Zhao disagreed. “What’s wrong with that? I’m still the heir of the Li family.”

[… Brother, you are fake, but these ones are the real deal.]

Chi Zhao: “…Then what do you think I should do?”

[Don’t always ask me, this is your task, you are Qi Yuan now.  Qi Yuan has what type of personality? What kind of choices will he make? Think about it some.]

Chi Zhao recalled Qi Yuan’s life and thought for a moment. He answered, “He would not have refused the invitation of Duan Bo. He would go against Li Yihan’s rules while still maintaining his image of cleverness and kindness in front of Li Yihan, all while looking back at Duan Bo.”

[That is correct. Youngster, it seems your intelligence has finally logged back on.]

Chi Zhao nodded thoughtfully, “Should I call him again then?”

Although Chi Zhao himself does not like those kinds of places, right now he is completing a task. Thinking about how after completing the task he can get ten points; he feels that it is necessary to make some sacrifices.

[No… after you hung up the phone, Duan Bo laughed three times, and right now is wondering how to teach you a lesson.]

Hearing the system, Chi Zhao thought that he would be forcibly brought to the bathroom by the school bully like he saw in the TV series, and then one of Duan Bo’s younger brothers would put Chi Zhao’s head in the toilet.

…In the end, nobody came.

Li Yihan and Qi Yuan’s contract lasted for five years. During these five years, the Li family was responsible for Qi Yuan’s eating and living expenses. Every month, Li Yihan would give him a certain amount of money for these expenses. After five years, when the contract ended, Li Yihan would pay him a large sum of money, and then, the two people would go their separate ways.

For his part Qi Yuan only needs to attend some events as the Li family heir, events such as shareholders’ meetings, charity parties, press conferences and so on. He doesn’t need to do anything for the rest of the time. He has a very comfortable life.

At present, Qi Yuan has only appeared with the Li family at two or three small gatherings. Now most people only know that Li Yihan has adopted a son and plans to cultivate him into an heir, but they do not know what the adopted son looks like or what his name is.

Chi Zhao came out of the subway station and slowly walked home. Someone would send him to school in the mornings, but after school there was no fixed curfew. So he let the driver go on ahead, and then he took the public transport back.

Chi Zhao walked along the sidewalk beside a park. After passing through an area, Chi Zhao blinked and stopped suddenly.

He started listening carefully for a weak crying voice. After following the voice and looking for it for a while, he finally found a little orange kitten hidden in some tall grass.