Chapter 9: Seducing a stranger

The autumn reception is the city’s most famous high-class party, held once a year, each time it was held at different times, but it was always in the fall.

Being invited to the autumn reception is a symbol of status, almost everyone who is invited will attend. Li Yihan has only in this city for two years as head of the household but has already lost interest in this ritual-like reception. This year, he reluctantly decided to attend in order to give Qi Yuan the chance to appear in public.

It was Qi Yuan’s first appearance in high society, and Li Yihan took it seriously, personally overseeing everything from etiquette training to appearance preparation.

After changing into his clothes and fixing his hair, Qi Yuan came out from his room. Li Yihan had been waiting for a period of time, so once he heard footsteps, he looked up.

Qi Yuan had traded his usual loose casual clothes for a high-class tailored suit. The fabric of the suit was pressed on his body to show his figure perfectly. In the past, Li Yihan always felt that Qi yuan was a bit short. In fact, his proportions were very pleasing to the eye.

Since he was not used to dressing in such clothes, Qi Yuan’s walking became a bit stiff. His originally soft hair was fixed in place with hairspray, which exposed his smooth forehead. Li Yihan suddenly found that his eyes are not jet black, but instead were a little more tawny, like polished tiger’s eye.

Li Yihan was silently lost in his thoughts when Qi Yuan walked over to him and said: “Mr. Li, I’m ready, we can go now.”

Li Yihan reacted to the young man’s voice instantly and stood up, he took one step before pausing, “What about your tie?”

Qi Yuan pulled a dark red tie out of his pocket. “It’s a little tight, ” he said, “I’ll put it on when we’re closer to the reception.”

Li Yihan stared at the tie for two seconds but said nothing more.

—————-

The venue was in the center of the city, not far from where they lived, and could be reached in about 20 minutes. When assistant Zhao turned back from the driver seat and told them that they were five minutes away, Chi Zhao took out his tie and began to tie it around his neck.

Chi Zhao never wears a tie. As a result, the once pristine tie was being worked into a knot.

While Chi Zhao seemed calm, the system was freaking out.

[No, it’s the other way around. The big one’s in the front, the little one’s in the back… it’s the other way around! The other other way around!!! … No, you can’t do it, can you? Quickly untie it, oh my gosh, you must be a genius, you can even mess up a tie to this extend.]

Chi Zhao: “…”

It’s not my fault. The tie started it…  (╥﹏╥)

During the fight between Chi Zhao and his tie, the other people in the car were silently watching him strangle himself bit by bit. When there was only a minute to go, Li Yihan sighed silently and moved over to Chi Zhao’s side. He took the tie, which had become a tight knot, and began to untie it.

He slowly worked the tie off before tying it up again using the right method, Chi Zhao sat quietly and well behaved, not daring to move, Li Yihan’s hand touched on Chi Zhao’s chin from below. The two sat so close, it was like their breath was becoming intertwined.

When Assistant Zhao saw the two from the rear view mirror, he felt a bit wronged. It was just a tie, the boss was so slow, but also so gentle. Is he going blind, the boss is actually smiling?