Chapter 8: Affection behind the scene

According to the system, the next major plot point is when Li Yihan takes Qi Yuan to the Golden Autumn Wine Party. This is Qi Yuan’s first meeting with Li Yihan’s rival, Chang Qing.

The first meeting shouldn’t require too much effort from Chi Zhao. Just say a couple words to Chang Qing and leave him the impression that Qi Yuan is a bit depraved.

Chi Zhao notes, and the system asks him what he intends to do next. Li Yihan had already gotten rid of the tracker. Most likely, after finding out that Qi Yuan liked him, Li Yihan’s last point of caution disappeared, and he feeling a little guilty, he was embarrassed to do something lie track Qi Yuan’s whereabouts again.

Despite Li Yihan already being 32 years of experience in this world, years in which he had experienced a hundred wars, in fact, in terms of emotions, he is very pure.

Chi Zhao told the system that the first time Li Yihan received a hint from Qi Yuan, he would surely be at a loss and slip away. After a month, he would probably be calmer and come back to see him.

The system has serious doubts about his speculation.

[If it was you, would you react that way?]

Chi Zhao: “… Shut up.”

When he woke up the next day, Chi Zhao did not see Li Yihan. He heard Zhang Bo say that he went to the company early in the morning. Chi Zhao went with the system at school for the day, and when he came home, he hummed, happy to reunite with his cute son.

Xiao Pang’s scalp felt numb whenever he sees him. The poor kitten felt he was going bald because of the number of times Chi Zhao pets him.

Before a certain someone could return and steal his tofu, Xiao Pang planned to run away as soon as he caught any hint of Qi Yuan’s unique scent. Unfortunately for the small cat, Chi Zhao was surprisingly quick and managed to scoop him into his arms. “See Dad and run, who taught you such bad manners? Dad is studying every day for you. Why don’t you know how to be considerate of your old hard-working father?”

Chi Zhao held Xiao Pang up and began to sincerely criticize him. Suddenly, a voice rang out from above his head. “Old father, weren’t you still his brother just the other day?”

Chi Zhao looked up in a daze. Li Yihan stepped down the stairs, dressed like he was going out soon.

“Where are you going, sir?”

Li Yihan looked into Qi Yuan’s eyes. There were calm, like a still lake without the slightest ripple. He had no feeling of shame or disgrace at all. This was good. He didn’t want Qi Yuan to be at odds with him.

Li Yihan answered softly, “I’m going out to have a meal with an old friend. There’s a party next Saturday. You’re going too. Make sure you’re ready in advance.”

Chi Zhao immediately promised, “Yes sir. Have a safe trip.”

Li Yihan nodded gently and took two steps forward. When he came close to Chi Zhao, he paused for a moment. He seemed to hesitate about something, but the pause disappeared so quickly that no one except himself had noticed it.

Chi Zhao held Xiao Pang and watched Li Yihan leave.

Two days later, Duan Bo returned to school. Chi Zhao was walking down the road, and Duan Bo passed by. He looked at Qi Yuan with fear and hatred. He wanted to beat Qi Yuan badly, unfortunately, Qi Yuan was surprising good at fighting.

Additionally, Qi Yuan is now the heir of Li Yihan. Duan Bo can’t move against him because if he does, it’s not Li Yihan that will kill him, but his own father.