-6-

- - -

- - -

Hogsmead was something that Karmen looked forward to but not for herself, for the rest of the Reines. Lily studied quite often without a break unless one of the others pulled her away from it. Alice worried about things wether it be about grades or the future while Marlene just liked to be distracted from her problems, not that she had many, by shopping. Which meant taking Karmen with her and dragging her around like a child.

It was something that the blonde never understood about her. She didn't like shopping. Or going on dates with cute boys and girls. Sure, Karmen liked to browse around but she always said that she didn't need to buy anything like dresses or new shoes because she had everything she need already. No need to buy anything when she was already content with what she had.

Money was no problem. Her family was one of the richest that weren't Slytherins. Her father had developed a medical system in the muggle world that helped them and the wizarding world greatly. Her mother did nothing but marry a kind, rich man and get pregnant. She hasn't worked a day in her life and didn't plan on it.

"I still don't understand why you don't just go on a date with someone. You like both genders, there's more to pick from!" Marlene said exasperatedly as Karmen opened the door for her to the boutique in Hogsmead called 'Threads and Stitches.'

"It's not that I don't want to go on a date, I just don't like anyone at the moment." Karmen said with a shrug as she gave the elder witch at the counter a smile and a wave. Matilda was the owner of the shop and quite a nice old lady. But Karmen had seen her chase out a couple of rude boys with a broom so looks can be deceiving.

"What about that Ravenclaw girl, Ginevra Lux? She's cute and a year older then us. I saw her checking you out the other day. But I mean who wouldn't with an arse like that?" Marlene said as she patted Karmen's arse as the curly haired girl laughed a little.

"She's cute, I'll give you that but I, I don't know. I don't know her that well and I am fine with being single for a while." Karmen said but Marlene immediately got distracted by a short, white dress with little flowers dotted around it.

"Ooo! Look! It's so pretty." She held it up to her body and then Karmen before deciding that she didn't want it and putting it back.

"Marlene, focus." She said simply with a soft roll of the eyes but she had to admit it was a pretty dress. Marlene nodded as she went back to the conversation, continuing to walk forward along the racks of clothing that were mostly dresses.

"Right. All I'm saying is that you should go on a few dates once in a while, sog someone behind the Hogshead. I just don't want you to look back and regret your time here at Hogwarts because you didn't do anything." The blonde ranted as she continued to shift look through the clothing items. Karmen had a smile on her face at her care free friend worrying about her.