-10-

- - -

- - -

The curly haired girl woke up with a disgruntled grunt at a horrendous smell came from the stairway just outside the common room door.

An unfortunate thing about her curse was the fact that she could smell everything in a mile radius. Which meant she could smell whatever was outside the common room. Dirt, blood and fur.

She got up, making sure not to wake up the other girls. Especially Lily, who was the lightest sleeper out of the four of them. Karmen grabbed a book from her nightstand, a blanket from her bed and a small box of elixirs before leaving the dorm, angry as she knew exactly who was climbing the stairs.

***

James and Sirius both had Remus's arms around their shoulders as they helped the battered Mooney up the stairs, Peter trailing behind them. It was a particularly rough full moon for Remus as a werewolf.

Ever since third year, every month, on the full moon, the rest of the Marauders had turned themselves into Animagus's and helped him for hurting himself to much.

Since werewolves didn't attack other animals unprovoked, they had found a spell to turn themselves into Animagus's. But at the end of the night and morning started to rise, they had to bring back Remus to their dorm and patch him up enough till they could take him to Madam Pomfrey.

Once they got to the Fat Lady's portrait, the woman inside waking up after doing this for a while. She gave them a sad smile as she looked at them, Peter moving in front of them to tell her the password, "Bandersnatch."

As she opened her painting, she said quietly, "Be careful. She's quiet angry, she is."

They didn't know what she meant so they continued on towards the boys dorm stairs but a light in the corner of the common room stopped them. The sat by her side was the only things illuminating her features besides the sun that was just starting to come up.

Karmen Thorn sat in her usual plush chair with a book in her lap, along with a blanket. She turned the pages slowly, looking up at them with a glare but not moving her head till she softly slammed her book closed. She tilted her head at them angrily, waiting for some kind of explanation but she already knew.

If there was one thing that everybody knew, it was of Karmen tilts her head at you, you're in big trouble.

James let out a nervous chuckle, keeping quiet as he said, "H-Hey Karmen, um, we were just- you are so pretty when you're mad."

Her glared worsened and Sirius winced as if it physically hurt him to watched.

"But not when you're mad at me." James quickly corrected.

Sirius knew that most of this angry was coming from her mother and what had happened over Winter Break. Some of it coming from the fact that they had woken her up way too early, even though they weren't trying to.

She was able to hide her angry and negative emotions from her friends, not wanting them to know something was happening with her family but she was tried and didn't give a fuck if the Marauders saw her like this.

She noticed how beaten up Remus looked, how he was barely hanging on to consciousness, either from the pain or from sleepiness. It was no surprise to her about what happened just a few hours ago, having figured most of it a while ago but felt terrible for him and what he had to live with. They both had secrets. Maybe that was something they could bond over later?

Karmen let out a sigh as she saw how broken Remus looked as he felt terrible about the way he hurt his friends. She stood up from her plush chair and opened the small box sitting next to her on the table, pulling out a long bit narrow bottle of some blue liquid. She walked over to them and glared at Peter, gesturing for him to open his hand.

Once he did, she gave it to him and said, "One drop on each injury should freeze them over long enough till you can take him to Madam Pomfrey."

The curly haired girl turned around grabbing her stuff before she made her way to the stairs. Once she had walked up the stairs and made it to the door, the boys saying nothing as they watched her, Karmen turned back to them and said, "Next time this happens, hose yourselves off or something. Could smell you coming from a mile away."

Before opening her dorm room door and walking in, closing it softly behind her. They all stood there for a minute before Peter broke the silence, "Shes scary when she tried."

"Yeah..." James said but he couldn't help but appreciate how beautiful she looked, even with her messy hair and angry but tried expression. After everything that happened to him night with Mooney, even angry Karmen was a welcoming sight.

 After everything that happened to him night with Mooney, even angry Karmen was a welcoming sight