-12-

- - -

- - -

To say she was scared heights was an understatement. She hated them. She had never liked them, it seemed unnatural to her to be so far off the ground. That's why Karmen opted out of Flying class when she was in first year. She still didn't know how to ride a broom and she didn't plan on it.

So when Lily and Alice asked her to come to the last Qudditch game before they left for the year, she said no. How she ended up at the game was a mystery to her.

She never came to these things but when Marlene started playing a Gryffindor Chaser, she was forced to come support her with the rest of the Reines.

She stood in the Gryffindor stands as the match was about to start. Lily and Alice were on either side of her, all three of them wearing their house colors. It was Slytherin vs. Gryffindor today.

Karmen watched has the team captains from both houses stood on the quidditch field to shake hands. Something that everyone knew, even the ones who didn't watch these quidditch games, was that James Potter was the Gryffindor team captain. Just from hearing around, she knew that the Slytherin team captain was Evan Rosier. He was cute for a Slytherin.

She watched as the two boys shook hands, trying to crush each others knuckles before a teacher pulled them apart to start the round.

They mounted there brooms as the teacher blew the whistle and yelled, "BEGIN!"

They rose into the air as the feed back sound from the microphone coming from the commentator's booth. TJ, also known as Terrence Jordan, was the commentator from Ravenclaw. He was a year older then Karmen and the other Reines but everyone knew him because of his position as commentator. Well, except Karmen.

The curly haired girl could barely understand what was going on just by watching, mostly relying on TJ's comments to help her figure out. She was mostly watching Marlene as that was why she was there but she also found herself watching Potter play as well.

He was quite good, for being an arrogant toerag that is. He was the Seeker while Sirius was a Beater. It was surprising that Potter could play a position that involved having your sight sharp without his glasses. She thought that he was practically blind without them but apparently not as.

"Black hits the bludger towards Slytherin's chaser, almost completely knocking him off his broom as Potter looks for the Snitch. The little bugger is obviously causing some problems for both seekers. Oh, and McKinnon has made another shot making it 55 to 45, in favor of Gryffindor! It's neck and neck! It's anyone's game now so it's all depends on which team gets the Snitch!" TJ said with so much excitement that it seemed to pump up the crowd even more, all the houses cheering but especially the two houses that were playing.

Karmen's arms were crossed over her chest as she thought to herself. It wasn't as bad as she had originally thought. Well, that was mostly because she wasn't the one flying the broom but still. She didn't understand how they could do it. Flying is scary enough but flying around with balls chasing after you seemed even scarier.

She snorted to herself with a smile at how stupid that last sentence sounded before snapping out of it, now thinking about how she spent too much time with Sirius. Neither of the girls seemed to notice though, too engrossed in the game.

"Oh! Potter seems to have an eye on something. He's flying at incredible speeds towards it! The Slytherin Seeker, Matt Bradley has seemed to notice and is flying towards it too. Both teams are trying to get the other off each other's seeker as they both go for it! It's neck and neck! Literally! Oh! Oh! And he's done it! James Potter has caught the Snitch! Gryffindor has won!" TJ said and the houses besides Slytherins cheered.

James Potter held up the Snitch in one hand as he flew in front of the Gryffindor crowd, smiling and throwing his hands up with them. He looked at them before locking eyes with Karmen's emerald green ones. He winked at her, making her shake her head at him but couldn't keep the smile off her face.

She laughed as she was bombarded with hugs from both Alice and Lily on both sides from her both they before took one of her hands, leading her down to Marlene to congratulate her.

Maybe Qudditch wasn't so bad after all.