-13-

- - -

- - -

"Up! Up! Up!" Marlene yelled at her and as she stood at the side of Karmen's bed and nudged her hard as the curly haired girl refused to move from under her covers. Today was the day that they went back home for the summer.

She hated this. She didn't want to go back home to her incredibly rude mother and puppy dog of a father. She would have gone to Marlene or Lily's houses for the summer but she didn't to intrude, no matter much they told her differently.

Karmen always felt weird about asking people for things. She didn't want to come off as needy and would rather have people lean on her instead of her lean on others. That's why she didn't like birthday or Christmas presents.

"Five more minutes, Mar..." She drawled out as turned over, yelping as she ended up rolling off the bed. Marlene laughed at her, walking around the other side of her bed to help the messy haired girl up.

"You're mean in the morning." Karmen said with a pout, rubbing her head with the heel of her hand.

"And we're about to be late if you don't hurry and pack. We've got 30 minutes and I know Lily wants to be on the train early so we can get our normal train cabin." Marlene said as she threw a stack of clothes at her and pointed to the bathroom door for her to go get changed.

There were times when Marlene was one of the most responsible out of all of them and that was mornings when they were suppose to go room. Sure she wasn't stoked about going home to a house of older boys but she still wanted to see her blood family.

Karmen rushed to the bathroom once she got her sense of urgency, quickly changing and not noticing Lily and Alice walk into the shared dorm room. Thankfully, Marlene understood that she needed comfort clothes when they travel by train as for her motion sickness.

She was now wearing a large cream turtleneck with a super long sweater that went down to her ankles and a pair of wide-legged pants that's were very baggy. Karmen pulled her hair into a messy bun, barely fitting all her curls into the small rubber band but she did it, pulling to separate pieces of hair out so they hung on the sides of her face, framing her face shape.

The messy haired girl walked out of the bathroom in a rushed manner and grabbed her clunky black shoes with the straps from where they sat next to the front door. She looked up at the three girls who were packing their things. Lily had done it the night before because she like to be more prepared and not rush in the morning like the others.

The red head was wearing a matching sweater to Karmen but was tucked into her brown plaid pants. She also had the Doc Martens that she had stolen from Karmen during first year which surprising still fit her and her tiny feet.

Marlene was getting help from Alice with her own packing. She was wearing a black sweater with a tan trench coat on and matching pants. She had white leg warmers on over her chunky heels which really completed the look. The smallest girl out of the four of them had a simple long black dress with a long sleeve shirt underneath. Her shoes were similar to Karmen's but without the straps on top.