-25-

- - -

- - -

It was mid day on a especially hot day even though it was only just starting to be spring so almost everyone was outside once they started eating. But since the grounds were so big, everyone was more scattered around, barely more than 10 people in one area, including the lake.

The Reines were all lounging by a tree that over looked the Great Lake, watching the calm water as they all did their own things.

Karmen, because of how much she had been doing it recently, had gotten back into sketching at the moment. Lily was reading along with Alice while Marlene had gone swimming as she couldn't handle the heat.

Inspired by the cooling waters and the draws in books she had found in the library, the curly headed woman was drawing sirens underwater.

There were four of them, each one inspired by herself and her three other friends. They didn't look exactly how they did in real life but this wasn't real life, it was a drawing and she really didn't care about surrealism.

 They didn't look exactly how they did in real life but this wasn't real life, it was a drawing and she really didn't care about surrealism

She was actually really pleased with how this turned out. Setting aside the notebook and slipping it back into her bag with all her supplies, she leaned her head back and basked in the sunlight that peaked out from beyond the leaves.

Which was quickly ruined by the sounds of idiot teenage boys jeering about something coming towards them.

One of her eyes peaked open to see James, Sirius, Remus and Peter with a few other boys she didn't know behind them. And in front of them was Severus Snape hanging upside by a spell James had casted from his wand.

'What the hell?'

The boys were laughing and jeering at the Head Boy, who had a smirk on his face as he tied the poor Slytherin up on the tree a few feet away from them. She stood up as she heard Sirius say, "Nice one, James!"

"Hey!" Karmen yelled at them, mostly pissed that they had ruined the beginning of her nap. Yes, she knew Snape from his friendship with Lily but nobody deserves this. Well, maybe if they punched a baby or something.

"Oh, hello, my darling. How are you?" James said, like he hadn't tied someone in a tree just seconds ago.

"What the hell are you doing?" She said pointing to the Slytherin in the tree with her hand.

"Just having a little fun with Snivellus." He gave her an innocent smile as he held both his hands, and his wand, behind his back. Karmen only glared at him, "Put him back on the ground, Potter."

"Back to Potter now, are we, love?"

"When you doing things like this."

Hearing the commotion coming from over here, the rest of the Reines came over. Lily immediately pulling out her wand and casting a counter curse to the one tying Snape in the tree. The greasy haired boy fell onto his back quickly scrambled up, Lily reaching out to help her friend but he yanked back his hand.

"I don't need help for you, you filthy mudblood!" He snapped at the redhead, causing tears to fill her waterlines at that awful name, before he turned to Karmen and said with a glare, "Neither from you, monster."

She cocked her head to the side, the Marauders behind her ready to fight but she put a hand up and said "No," The curly haired woman turned her head slightly towards them, giving them a look that would have made anyone else pee their pants. "You've done enough."

James gulped at this. Oh, she was pissed.

She turned back to the Slytherin before letting her body turn it a wolf, brown fur growing over her body before her clothes started to rip at the seams from her changing in body shape.

The creature was absolutely massive, standing a few feet over Snape's head, causing the boy to practically shake in his boots. It snarled at him before letting out a large bark, scaring him and everyone else who wasn't her friend to run back to the castle for safety.

The two Marauders who didn't know she could do this, Peter and James as Remus had found out recently and Sirius had known since they were kids, gaped at what just happened with furrow brows. The wolf walked over to the tree it had been sitting at before having to deal with this and picked up its bag, nudging it's nose to the strap before it went over its snort and around its neck.

As it walked back over to them, it changed back into Karmen, her clothes torn so you could see her underclothes. She stood in front of James, glaring at him when he tried to apologize, "Look, Karmen, I-"

He didn't get to finish though as she slapped him across the face. Stunned, he held his hand to the point of impact as she walked away, not caring as she walked into the Forbidden forest.

 Stunned, he held his hand to the point of impact as she walked away, not caring as she walked into the Forbidden forest

a/n: y'all I am so sorry that this is so late. I've been working on my Druig and Barry Keoghan books lately and have also been in and out of the hospital recently so that's been a whole thing :)