-26-

- - -

- - -

Three weeks had passed and neither of them spoke to one another. Karmen had barely come out of their dorm room except for classes, not letting herself leave to eat, not eat unless one of her friends brought her back something. Like she was trying to punish herself for the stupid decision she made.

The multiple stupid decisions she made. Let's count them, shall we?

One: She had snapped and turned into a wolf in front of people

Two: She had threatened Snape

Three: She had slapped James and yelled at him

(Which granted he deserved (...kind of) after doing that to Snape)

Today was the day that they were to leave for summer break. The last summer before their seventh year and then after that, adulthood.

That thought didn't scare Karmen as much as the others, the idea of having to do adult things in barely a couple of years. It was more of the clock on her time as a girl and not a monster dwindling down. Another year gone.

"Are you seriously not going to talk to him?" Marlene asked from on top of Karmen's bed, kicking her feet back and forth, "You have been avoiding James so much that you haven't even spoken to Sirius. He's getting very pouty."

"No, I'm not. I turned in front of him, slapped him, and then run off. Why would he want to talk to me anyway?"

"Because he's-" Lily covered Alice's mouth from across the room and answered for her, "Because he has been a good friend to you and I don't think that you turning in front of him would scare him off that easily."

Karmen thought for a moment before shaking her head and continued packing her suitcases, "No, I'm still upset with him anyway. And Snape. I'm angry with both of them but mostly James for doing that in the first place. I don't like Snape any better than the next guy but he's still human."

"Are we sure about that though?" The blonde asked, her face and eyebrows pulled together. The other girls chuckled at the jab, the curly haired one shaking her head as she zipped up her last suitcase.

"Wait, what if James apologized first?" Alice offered quickly as their friend picked up her suitcases and started walking walking towards the door.

"Well, that would happen by me talking to him so, no."

When the door closed behind her, the three roommates looked at each other.

"Okay, Plan A didn't work. On to Plan B." Lily said, the two others nodding. There was silence between them for a second before Alice said,

"We should actually pack first though. The train leaves in like 20 minutes."

"Oh, yeah. Good idea."

***