Chapter 3 - A new world

It was actually just a smudge on my glasses I was still very much in my ordinary human world.
I walked down the street and cleaned up after the dog. I walked down various streets before starting to return home. Then I crossed the street. It was past midnight so I didn't bother to look before I crossed the road then a vibrant light glimmered to my left and smack. I was a pancake.

My last thoughts were these:

If only I was popular naturally without even having to say anything.
If only I had the ability to improve myself with just the click of a button
If only I could adapt better to my situation.

Then I lost consciousness.

Until My mind slowly plunged into blackness.

I was no longer thinking.

Feeling.

Breathing.

Hearing.

Silence.

Darkness.

Nothing.

It was all over...

I didn't feel

I didn't see

I didn't smell

I didn't hear

I didn't even think

Complete and utter nothingness

Forever

Nothing

Indefinitely

Indefinitely?

Then I heard something.

It was a strange voice. Like a text to speech bot.

CONDITIONS FOR REINCARNATION MET

FORMING NEW FORM

WISH "If only I was popular naturally without even having to say anything." COMPUTING SOLUTION...SOLUTION OBTAINED...CREATING EASILY LOVEABLE BODY

WISH "If only I had the ability to improve myself with just the click of a button" COMPUTING SOLUTION...SOLUTION OBTAINED...RPG STAT AND SKILL SYSTEM INCORPORATED

WISH "If only I could adapt better to my situation."
COMPUTING SOLUTION...SOLUTION OBTAINED...SKILL GRANTED...SHAPESHIFTER...SKILL PROVIDED GUIDE

WISHES COMPLETED.

STARTING REINCARNATION PROCESS.

Back to silence

Still, nothing to see

But this time I felt like I was seeing nothing instead of not seeing.

I felt like I was in the dark instead of blind.

Then a vibrant flash occurred.

And then I started to feel. I could feel rocks under my feet. I could feel the air entering my lungs. I could hear the tapping of feet on the rocks. I still couldn't see though. It was almost pitch black around me. The only light source was a clump of very dim blue lamps.

Only they weren't lamps. They were crystals!!

I walked over towards them to get a better look. But that was when I realised it. My body seemed weird. For one my legs were very short. For a second point, I didn't seem to be able to feel my arms. And for a third, my sense of hearing seemed strangely keen.

But I didn't know what was going on. Without arms, I couldn't tell what I looked like or anything.

I had been reincarnated. But into some sort of armless short-legged creature. I wasn't sure what but I knew I had to find out. I walked around and searched the area. There didn't seem to be much around. Just bare rock and glowing crystals.