Chapter 11 - The Goblin Village

Once I entered a goblin approached me. Then another walked nearby also. Then the first one that had approached me began talking to the other one. It had a very dry-sounding voice. And it had a similar feel to the voice of an old woman.

"What is a Monada doing here?"

"Why do you expect me to know?"

"Should we get rid of it?"

"It's not doing us any harm"

"Yeah you're right, let's just leave it alone"

"Although we should probably tell the chief right? I mean it is a trespasser after all"

"Ok I'll go tell him"

"You stay here and stop it from going anywhere"

Then the goblin started walking off towards the largest of the mud huts. And then shortly after an elderly goblin who had white hair and was missing his right eye. Walked out. They all wore minimal clothing with only a loincloth covering their lower area.

Then the elderly goblin walked towards me and had a look at me.

"You called me out for a singular monada. What were you thinking."

"Well, I thought that it might not be the only one."

"Even if it wasn't we have a whole village of goblins here"

It seemed that the goblins didn't think of me as a threat but I wasn't entirely sure how I'd be able to convince them to let me stay. Especially not since I couldn't really talk to them. Assuming they could understand me bearing in mind when I talked in my true form all that would come out are monada noises that vaguely resemble words.

"Yes, but what if it's a warning?"

"Who the hell would send a monada as a warning?!"

"I don't know"

"Well think then"

"Maybe it has a message?"

"You mean to tell me you didn't check if it had a message? Honestly, There's a reason I'm still in charge despite my old age"

The first goblin then rummages through my fur to see if I have a note or anything.

"Nothing"

"Well ok then. This was just a big waste of my time, although now looking at it, it has a slightly odd appearance, I've never seen a monada with grey fur before and it's pretty large too."

"Maybe it's just old like you"

"No...I don't think so"

"We should see what the mage thinks of it"

"Ok chief I'll go fetch her"

The second goblin jogs off to one of the slightly closer huts and enters it. He then comes out with a female goblin. She is holding some kind of twisted wooden staff and she seems almost as old as the village elder.

"What do you want?" She questions.

"We have a strange-looking monada over here, we were wondering if you could appraise it?"

"You do realise I only have enough mana to do this once a day right?"

"You haven't done one for ages, you probably won't need to do it again today, it'll be fine"

"Ok, I just think appraising a monada is a waste of my magic."

She walks towards me and starts chanting some kind of spell.