Chapter 8 - Leaving the Chasm

As I made the long trek back to the start I used fire nova whenever possible. It would slow me down for a while every now and then but not much as I could pretty easily completely drain my mana in a couple of minutes. I transformed into a human to get through the gate. My body must have been 6 years old as I was getting much taller and the hair had changed from being brown in colour to being grey much like my own fur.

I wasn't sure if it looked weird a young child having grey hair but it didn't look the same as greys from old age as each hair was grey rather than being a mixture of white and darker hairs.

But I continued and got back into the top level where the sky could be seen after only a few days or so. I had managed to level up 6 more times too and at the point when my magic strength level reached 50 my mana bank had once again increased by size by another 50%!

But I wasn't entirely sure what I would do at that point. The walls of the chasm were very steep and I hadn't picked up any flight skills. And I hadn't managed to kill an imp that would allow me to fly out.

Perhaps the spider? I thought to myself. After all, spiders could climb walls.

"Transform running spider"

I then placed my 8 toeless feet onto the wall and clambered it. It was actually surprisingly easy. I climbed and climbed up the wall, but sadly I wasn't quite as fast as a running spider. But I managed to reach the top after an exhaustingly long climb.

I then tipped over the edge and saw flat wall less land as far as I could see! I was finally out! The area around me wasn't exactly your typical fantasy landscape. It was just an endless sea of yellow dead grass. I hadn't really thought of what I would do after I left the chasm as I didn't expect to get out so quickly. There had always been random problems I needed to fix before I could do what I had wanted ever since arriving in the world.

So I had expected to have time to think but apparently not. I was out. And being baked by the scorching sun.