Chapter 6 - The lower levels

My skin started to ripple. And a cloud of nebula-esque gas began pouring out of my mouth. As the gas left my mouth it started to envelop me. The gas surrounded me until I couldn't see anything. Then I felt strange almost as if I was changing inside the shell.

Then a few seconds later the gas started to shift. And a familiar but also unusual feeling came over me. I had hands! I looked at them. They were small and pudgy for some reason.

"Are these baby hands?"

"POSITIVE. YOU DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH MAGIC POWER TO CREATE A TRANSFORMATION LARGER THAN YOURSELF. A BABY WILL STILL HAVE THE DESIRED EFFECT"

I got up and then fell.

"Can I not walk anymore?"

"AT THIS AGE THE BABY YOU HAVE TRANSFORMED INTO WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO WALK"

"This baby? So this is a real baby?"

"POSITIVE. IT IS A VERSION OF THE HUMAN YOU ATE. THE HUMAN YOU ATE WAS 2 WEEKS OLD... THIS IS A 1-MONTH-OLD ALTERNATIVE OF THE SAME BABY. THE AGE AT WHICH THE BABY WOULD HAVE THE EXACT SAME MASS AS YOURSELF...YOU DO NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT MAGICAL POWER TO INCREASE OR REDUCE YOUR SIZE"

"Will I be able to transform into a different human?"

"ONLY IF YOU EAT ANOTHER HUMAN"

Well, that wasn't happening I definitely didn't plan on eating another human being. I didn't care if this child would be ugly when I get enough magic to have them older than a baby. Having a human form was enough for me.

I crawled past the barrier and it let me through without having any kind of resistance just as before.

"How do I transform back?"

"JUST CALL TRUE FORM"

"True form!"

Then once again the nebula like gases came out of my mouth and leftover was my armless Monada body. As much as I disliked being a monada it beat being a baby freezing to death with the inferior human hearing and not even being able to stand, let alone waddle.

I continued down the ramp until I emerged in a familiar chasm. It was pitch black down in the caves and they were huge. The cave must have been 100m high and wide as well as seemingly stretching beyond the horizon forwards.

But I knew that the monsters here were my equals as opposed to up there where I was far stronger than them.

"Do you have information about the cave?"

"YES... SINMAR CHASM LOWER LEVELS. FIRST SEGMENT. A REGION OF THE CAVE SYSTEM CONTAINING MID TIER MONSTERS. THE MONSTERS FOUND IN THE FIRST SEGMENT INCLUDE...RUNNING SPIDERS, DEMON BEARS, IMPS AND ARMOURSAURS"

"What's the weakest monster in this segment?"

"THE RUNNING SPIDER HAS A STAT TOTAL OF 30"

"Would I win against them in a fight?"

"YOU WOULD WIN, HOWEVER, THEIR SPEED IS FAR SUPERIOR TO YOURS. THEY WILL FLEE BEFORE YOU CAN SLAY THEM...THEY ALSO TRAVEL IN LARGE GROUPS"

"What are their stats then?"

"THEY HAVE AN HP LEVEL OF 10, THEY HAVE A SPEED LEVEL OF 15, THEY HAVE A STRENGTH LEVEL OF 5 AND A MAGIC POWER LEVEL OF 0"

"And what's the next weakest thing here?"

"THE IMP, IT HAS A STAT TOTAL OF 45"

"And could I beat it?"

"ALMOST CERTAINLY NOT, IT HAS A MAGIC POWER LEVEL OF 25 AND HAS SUPERIOR SPEED TO YOU"