Chapter 14 - Here's a little lesson in trickery

I walked for 6 days in roughly the opposite direction from where I had come from. Until I came back across the village of Torits. I then snuck Into somebody's house through a slightly open window and stole some if their clothing.

Then I transformed into my human form and put the clothing on. It seemed to be typical peasant clothing. It was from a man so was very large on me, but after rolling up tje trousers and sleeves it simply looked overly baggy.

I then walked through the village, asking around to see if anybody was making their way to the capital. After all I was back in Sinmar. So in theory there would be humans willing to take me to a human city? Right?

Well the truth wad than nobody was going there, the village was too small, and the capital too far for people to be travelling towards it, and unlike last time I was in sinmar I didn't have a horse so it would take days to get to the capital.

Although one elderly woman had told me that the merchants from the capital would be visiting the next village across in a few weeks. And that I might have been able to catch a ride with them.

But for me that was too long. I could have walked there by then. Sure it would have been much more tiring and difficult, but at the very least I wouldn't have to wait so long and then be taken on some indirect route. And it wasn't even guaranteed that I would get there.

Then I realised I had been being extremely forgetful for much too long.

I could take the form of a running spider. That would give me a stride length even longer than that of a human. Although it would make me significantly more likely to be attacked if somebody saw me. After all I would be a large monster strolling through human territories.

So instead I gave up and walked. The locals pointed me in the right direction and I set off.

I was walking through the hot grasslands for 5 whole days killing sheep along the way and suffering silently. Luckily it was slightly cooler near the city and for the last couple of days it wasn't hot at all. Then I saw it. The sinmar capital. Casinar!
The city was much more along what you would expect of a fantasy world medieval city. In the city centre was a huge castle and the city was dotted with tall tower building small houses. Medieval markets slums and everything in between.

I walked through the city bustling with humans and weirdly enough I felt out of place. I was the inly monster in that city. I had been human once, but that felt like an eternity ago at that point. I was well and truly a mobster and therefore out of place. And I had to trick them into helping me and thinking I was human, instead of doing so naturally.

I walked down the streets looking for somewhere that would have adventurers. Firstly I was looking for places where there were a collection of armed individuals. There were a couple of groups hanging around the area  but they weren't near any kind of building related to being an adventurer. They were probably just adventuring parties hanging around for whatever reason.

Eventually, I found a tall slightly run down building with a great big sign on it reading.