Chapter Twelve: Red Is Bad

Xadrian's POV:
My eyes snapped open and a scream rippled it's way through my throat as I bolt up from another dream. My eyes automatically searched the room but I was alone.

Winter was whimpering in my head telling me to call out to Master but I hesitate. What if he's mad at me for calling for him and distrubing him? He said he wouldn't leave me so where did he go? Did I do something wrong? I shouldn't have asked him to stay with me I probably angered him. I started to feel myself panic before the sound of something slamming shut had me yanking on the covers to bring the up to my chin before my head hit the pillow and I shut my eyes.

My ears twitched at the sound of someone moving around me. I slowly peaked open my eyes to see Master walking toward the bathroom dripping head to toe in red. Master stopped in front of one of the doors and I quickly closed my eyes. My body started to shake as a door slamming shut caught my attention. My eyes flew open and I automatically searched for Master but he was gone again. The sound of water falling was the only thing filling the silence.

Why was he all red?!

My heart was racing as I shut my eyes once more trying to rid the images of the Red Master. He was called the Red Master for a reason; I don't want Master to become the new Red Master. He's not like that I hope, no he's different I know he's different. He takes care of me, he sat with me and told me everything would be okay. Master wouldn't lie to me would he?

"Pup?"

My body froze and my eyes shot open. Master was sat at the edge of the bed looking down at me but he didn't look like Master. His eyes; they were different it was like he was Master but he wasn't.

"Are you okay Little Wolf?"

He's doesn't sound like Master either, his eyes are a light blue and his voice has a soft edge to it not like his cold dark blue eyes and harsh voice. What is going on? I felt his fingers brush under my palm as he tried to gain my attention. Why is he acting strange?

"M..M..Master?"

He smiled at me, like a real gentle smile which only made me more confused. Why was he red and why is he acting so different?

"It's me Little Wolf it's okay. I'm sorry if I woke you."

I decided to sit up so I could get a better look of Master. The sun was starting to peak through the window so I could see him a bit better. His hair was still wet from his shower but there was no longer any sign of red, where had he been?

"N...no; you weren't here w..why were you no..not here? You said you'd be here and n..no..not l..leave me but y..you were no..not here. W..why was..were y..you all red? R..red is bad."

I bit my bottom lip and looked down at my hands as I started to fiddle with my fingers. I shouldn't talk to Master like this, he's still my Master. It doesn't matter if he seems different he will still punish me but...but he hasn't before he is definitely not like the other Masters. He confuses me and makes me question everything I know I'm so lost when I'm around him but when I'm with him I feel better, I can be me when I'm with him.

"I'm sorry Pup. I just had to go and do something really quickly but I'm back now. I didn't mean to be gone for so long Little Wolf. Did you have another bad dream or where you just worried that I wasn't here when you woke up and who told you red is bad do you mean blood Xadrian?"

My body shivered as he said my name. I don't like it when he says my name, no one calls me by my name anymore. I like it when he calls me Little Wolf or Pup or that strange word that I don't understand but sounds nice.

"N..no y..you not..did not wake me. I j..just had a b..bad dream but I..I'm okay now."

I felt his hands on my face bringing my head up so my eyes were looking into his. I like his eyes like they are now, they are nice like an aqua sky blue so bright and beautiful.