Chapter Five: He's...He Can't Be

Antonio's POV:
I'm getting tried of this, we've been sitting at the bar for hours now just drinking away and the alcohol hasn't even kicked in yet.

The drunken haze I craved was slowly starting to hit me but it was painful slow, it was more of a dull buzz at most not nearly enough to help me feel numb. Kayson and my father still weighed heavily on my mind and I was two seconds away from ordering the stronger stuff.

I just need to forget everything just for awhile at least.

It seems I'm not the only one; I watched as Drayden, Ripper and Chance threw back drink after drink, we're all in the same boat only they want the buzz and thrill of being drunk I just want to forget. Stupid werewolf and vampire metabolism.

I sank back in my seat throwing back my sixteenth glass of scotch. I traced the edge of the glass as we sat at the bar. I know the guys like watching the dancers; hell they haven't looked away from the stage the whole time we've been here. Their eyes are fixed watching every movement the dancers make with smirks on their faces. Of course they picked this spot with it's perfect view of the stage. I couldn't care less about the stupid dancers, it just makes me crave the touch of my mate, to feel his skin against mine, to hold him...no I can't think like that. Fuck the whole point of this was to get him out of my head, I need to get him off my mind.

"Would you gentlemen like to move into a private booth?"

I looked at the others before looking at the waitress. I can't think of her name now; I've never really gone to my clubs before. I'm not really a fan I mean it's not like I can come here to get drunk and I don't really want to socialise with people I like the isolation, no one can hurt you if you have no weakness.

The clubs are simply just a way to make a profit.

I guess if you are four single supernatural creatures who want to drink alone a private booth is way better then the bar. After all, we won't have to worry about anyone coming up to us. Plus I can drink in peace without the dancers making me think of him.

"Sure. Why not? Lead the way."

The waitress led us to a booth and we all sat down before the same waitress brought us four rounds of drinks.

"Drinks, gentlemen."

I held my drink up in thanks before I knocked it back. I guess my face must have said it all I need a fucking drink and I need it now.

"Umm..Alpha can I have a word please?"

I looked up to see the Hostess, I believe her name was Holly stood in front of me. She was shifting from one foot to the other, her eyes darting all round I'm not that intermediating am I.

"Yes Holly what is it?"

I knocked back the last three drinks as I waited for her to speak. I'm not used to waiting for people to speak. They either run away from me or speak as fast as they can to get away from me, this is certainly different.

"I..I went for a run before work and I saw...I swear I saw a Pup on its own. I think it was lost I don't know but one of those auction scouters picked him up."

A scouter. She is telling me about a scouter. The scouters pick up people all the time, what's so special about this time.

"And what do you want me to do about this Holly?"

I ran my hand through my hair pushing it back into place. I don't ever have people coming to me with problems or issues.

"I...please Alpha he's just a Pup."

I sighed closing my eyes, I can't believe I'm about to do this. I nicked one of the guys glasses and knocked it back ignoring who ever growled at me.

"Fine. Let's go you three, this Pup better be worth it."