Chapter Sixteen: We've Been Summoned

Carlos' POV:
I sat in the corner of the bar, my fist pressed against my lips as I stared down at my phone and my empty bottle of beer. It's early, very early to be drinking but by the Goddess if I didn't have a drink I was going to kill something.

Why the fuck did he call me? Why is it always me? Fuck!

I raised my hand to the bartender who nodded and scurried off to grab me another beer. My job is to take care of the clubs both the legal and illegal side. I give out orders to the people under me, I'm to be a leader when he and Liv are not around I'm not his personal chauffeur or his errand boy so why the fuck did he call me?!

I ran my hand through my hair and thanked the bartender before I took a swig of my beer here we go I guess.

"It's me. We've been summoned."

I stood with my phone in one hand and my beer in the other as I made my away to the back office.

"What did you say?"

What did I say is that all she has to say? We rarely speak and that's what she has to say really? I took a deep breath as I sat down taking another swig of my beer.

*****
"Carlos I want you to call the others and bring them all to the house we need to talk now."

We need to talk? Talk about what he hasn't said a word to me since he called me to be his fucking chauffeur. Hell he doesn't talk to us at all just sends his other errand boys.

"Talk about what Antonio can't you ask your little buddies to help."

I'm allowed to be pissed off with him, he's shut us out for the last two year and this is what I get a phone call give me orders straight from his mouth!

"Do as you fucking told Carlos! Please just..help me."

I shut my eyes with a sigh and silently called the bartender over gesturing for them to get me a beer.
*****

"I told him to fuck off."

Yeah like hell I told him to fuck off. He pisses me off but he's still my friend, my Alpha and I don't have a death wish.

"Really?"

She honestly thinks I said that. Goddess she's lost the plot she really has, but I can't help but miss her she's down right crazy and Eva has really missed her whilst she's been in Italy.

"No Liv he's my Alpha."

She growled down the end of the phone making me roll my eyes and down the rest of my beer.

"He's not anymore."

I closed my eyes pulling at my hair is she serious! Antonio you messed up so badly if your own cousin no longer sees you as her Alpha. Fuck this is going to be harder then I thought and I've only called Liv so far.

"Liv he's still the same man."

No matter what he's done or should have done I know Alec is still in there. Hell Antonio is Alec and Alec is him, he proved that on the call I could here the break in his voice.

"No don't defend him, they aren't the same."

Is this why Antonio made me do this?! Why the fuck am I having to deal with this, I'm not going to enjoy calling the others if this is the response I get, maybe I should have just called them all together and told them to meet me outside the house.

"Yes they are. They are two sides of the same coin."

Same man different personalities. He's changed somehow, I don't know when and I don't know why I guess it was the night he called me to drive for him but something has definitely changed.