8

John Mayer - Waiting on the world to change

"We're all misunderstood
They say we stand for nothing and
There's no way we ever could
Now we see everything that's going wrong
With the world and those who lead it
We just feel like we don't have the means
To rise above and beat it"

Chapter 8 Harry's POV

When my father found out Luke was missing, he shat himself and went into hiding for 3 days straight, because he thought the FBI were onto him

He then had the audacity to ask me to go and look into it, not knowing that I was the one to blame for his disappearance.

That was a week ago.

I now have the privilege of 'Stepping up and earning my place' by working for my father.

Just fucking great.

I have never wished I could bring someone back from the dead more than right now.

Killing Luke was the worse decision of my life, and that's fucking saying something.

My best friends Luka for god's sake.

So basically I now have to follow my father around like a lost puppy and be his errand boy.

"You're lucky you are my son. You wouldn't get this kind of opportunity anywhere else boy. You'd be useless without me", his vermin voice still rings in my head.

I know I didn't do too much while I lived alone and when my father couldn't give a flying fuck about where I was or who I was killing and why. But now there is a peak in his behaviour, and it seems that he has suddenly taken an interest in my extracurricular activities outside my work life. As manipulative as this man is, he seems to have taken a stick and shoved it up my ass ensuring that I'm as straight as a fucking ruler with how I go about my days now.

"Harry, what the fuck are you doing?"

"Harry, where are you going?"

"Harry, you need to do this!"

"Harry you needed to do that ten minutes ago"

Blah blah blah.

The thought crossed my mind with just telling him to go fuck himself, but as strategic as I am, I mapped out how I wanted working with my father to play out. And now I have conjured up a brilliant idea. 

Either that or I've completely lost all sanity.

So currently my plan is to work for my father even though I know how dehumanising it will be. Then I'll have to earn his trust so that I can start giving orders to his men. Once that happens and I know he trusts me, I will either start to slowly kill off his men one by one to ensure that there is no suspicion of foul play, or if the opportunity arises, I will just kill him and then take over the 'company' only to burn it to the ground, along with everyone in it.