39

The Fray - How to save a life 

"Step one, you say we need to talk
He walks, you say sit down, it's just a talk
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through
Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left, and you stay right
Between the lines of fear and blame
You begin to wonder why you came

Where did I go wrong?"

Chapter 39 Luka's POV

Phones, what a crazy fuckin invention.

Who's high ass tripping mother fucker thought it was a good idea to announce their idea to the world of portable computers that can talk to people long or short distance without the use of a string and a cup.

A hand held device in which one can call others to share news both good and bad. In this case the news I got created a sick feeling deep within me. I really hope I'm just being dramatic, I really hope I've just over analysed Isabel's situation because if I didn't then that means I've just figured out what her hallucination was about. I really hope I'm wrong.

Non the less, the modern world is such a crazy place. Phones, what a crazy discovery.

I left Jack back at home like Harry insisted. He was tired anyway so it worked out well, but I could see the confusion and worry plastered on his face. I leaned over and kissed him until the frown disappeared and was replaced with one of his softer smiles.

"You're always leaving me" he pouts.

I chuckled before saying "I know I'm sorry baby, but I need to go. Harry needs some help with Isabel"

I remember his eyebrows shooting up, he shuffled himself up onto his elbows as he spoke "Really, you're okay working with her now?" he seemed surprised.

I look down focusing on the patterned sheets tracing them with my fingers as I spoke "Yeah, I think so. I have a feeling there's a lot more to her than she leads on, but I reckon I could work with her if she doesn't go bat shit crazy and try anything stupid again."

He hummed back before puckering his lips signalling that he wanted another kiss. I gave him a quick peck, "I love you, sleep well"

He murmured back an 'I love you too' before shutting his eyes and lying back down on the bed.

I tucked him in before I left, making sure that he was comfortable and had a full bottle of water on his bed side table before I left the house.

We don't live together officially yet, but we're always with each other, just living between houses. It can be quite the hassle to find clothes and shoes around the house, especially if I'm looking to wear something specific but hopefully if everything goes according to plan I'll be officially living with Jack in about three months.