36

Corey Heart - I Wear My Sunglasses At Night 

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
Watch you weave then breathe your story lines

And I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
Keep track of the visions in my eyes"

*A few hours earlier*

Chapter 36 Hidden POV 

This is the third time in the past month that Isabel has come out of Limbo looking like she's about to be sick.

I'm not sure what happens from the time she enters the building and exists, but any sane person can see the clear discomfort she's got painted on her face.

This time I'm close enough to see fresh red marks around her throat like she's been chocked but not close enough that she would see me watching her.

I flip my wrist over to glance at my watch and take note of the time. She arrived at 8:05pm it's currently 8:20pm so she was only in there for fifteen minutes, but somewhere within the quarter of an hour something happened.

I just need to find out what...

But I'm not meant to be here for her I'm supposed to be here for Michael. I was assigned to his case back late last year, so I'm relatively new to this operation. I'm spending my free time catching up on everything I have missed out on so I'm getting to know his routine and hopefully that will make me more familiar with his lifestyle, making it easier for me to detect any suspicious behaviour.

I'm not supposed to disclose much on this case because it's classified government information and I could potentially fuck everything up for everyone else who's been going at this case since 2019... and since I just got promoted I'd rather not do anything to completely blow this operation, so I'm just going to give you a rundown of what can be discussed under trusted ears.

Michael May is a 56 year old male, owns a club in the city called 'Limbo' which he's using as a front to help escort a business partner (Desmond Styles aged 54) in sedating victims inside the vicinity and transporting them to a privately owned dock which is registered under a false name. The pair have been working together for the past two years but that's as far as our records go to date.

We don't have enough information on the two to request an arrest as of yet, which is why I was asked to come in.

My job is to get close to Michael's daughter (Isabel May aged 23) in hopes that she reveals enough evidence of illegal activity regarding her father so that we can gather enough evidence to issue a warrant for the building which hopefully contains a substantial amount of proof of criminology to form an arrest for both cases involving both Desmond and Michael.

I'm not on Desmond's case but one of my friends is involved so we trade any new information we find at the end of each week during dinner.

I'd say I've completed the first part of my job so far, that being get Isabel to trust me. Although I'm not sure if she one hundred percent trusts me as of yet, I am someone Isabel has gotten close enough with that she calls when she needs me.

The reason she calls has no relevance to her father's case, but everyone has a part to play in this circumstance, mine just happens to involve some form of physical activity... although I wouldn't say it's very professional, but I've got to remember that I'm an under cover cop and sometimes if you can't solve a problem it's because you're playing by the rules.