16

Chapter 16 Luka's POV

"Where did she say to meet you?" Harry breaks the horror filled thoughts playing on repeat in my head.

"I-I can't" I try to speak clearly but my throat feels as though it's going to close any second now.

"Luka, you need to tell me right now where she is so we can go get him" Harry raises his voice in distress while grabs a hold of the sides of my shoulders and shakes me firmly.

"NO" I push him away from me abruptly "I CAN'T TELL YOU, SHE'LL KILL HIM" I scream in his face.

"LUKA WHERE DID SHE SAY TO MEET. I'M NOT LETTING YOU GO BY YOURSELF SHE OBVIOUSLY WANTS YOU NOT JACK, OTHERWISE SHE WOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN HIM. IT'S A SUICIDE MISSION" he shouts back getting riled up.

Silence fills Jack's bedroom as I take a couple of breaths before sitting down on the edge of his bed. I bring my elbows up so they are resting on my knees and I burry my face in my hands.

"He'll die" I whisper back completely ignoring his last statement letting my vision go blurry from tears that are brimming in my eyes.

Harry sighs while bending his knees so he's level with me again "I'm not letting you go alone. I don't care if he dies" he whispers back to me.

I shift my head up so I'm looking directly into his green eyes, "I can't let him die. I love him" the tears slip past my water line trailing down my reddened cheeks.

"I know you do, we will figure something out, together. Okay? Everything's going to be fine so long as we do it together" he tries to reassure me and places his hand on my back and rubs It lightly. I can't help but think Harry's never shown me any sort of affection like this.

This is weird.

I clear my throat and wipe away the tears that are rested on my cheeks. "She said to meet her on 5th avenue near the restaurant" I think of the furthest place away from where she actually told me to meet her. Lying to him will break the trust between us but at this moment I couldn't think about anything other than Jack.

"Okay, we can do that, it will take roughly about 20 minutes from here from memory, so we better leave now so we can scope out the place beforehand" his voice calm still rubbing my back slightly.

"We can't show up together so we will have to take different cars, I'll go first and then you leave 10 minutes later so she doesn't see us arrive at the same time" I lie trying to make up any excuse I can to get him away from me.

I'm not willing to risk Jack's life.

I can't even imagine what's he's going through at the moment.

"Ok, yeah that sounds like a good idea" he starts to stand back up straightening his shirt out.

"Alright I'll text you when I'm there" I move around Harry to get through the door, walking out like I'd see him in half an hour when in reality I don't know when I'll see him next.