32

Someone New – Hozier

"There's an art to life's distractions
To somehow escapes the burning weight, the art of scraping through
Some like to imagine
The dark caress of someone else, I guess any thrill will do"

Chapter 32 - Harry's POV

"I'm in"

6 hours earlier...

After Isabel had closed the door on my face, everything felt dull. I know it sounded dramatic, but her presence alone triggered something inside me to just relax and be able to take a breath of fresh air. It was soothing, but as soon as she left my house I could feel every bit of stress and anxiety fill my body once again, I longed for that feeling of security back. I had no idea how she did it by just her being by my side, but I wasn't focused on the 'how's' right now.

Even though I didn't know her very well I found myself thinking about her non stop and it was extremely infuriating... especially when all Luka wanted to talk about, and I quote was 'Cutting her tongue off so she wouldn't be able to insult us anymore'. It's safe to say that Luka doesn't particularly like Isabel very much. I personally didn't have that big of an issue with her. Sure she fucked up when she decided to take Luka and Jack, but we got our revenge and now I needed her to help me, so I had come to the decision to let bygones be bygones.

I'll admit, I was shocked when I found out Isabel's father was also connected to Limbo. I didn't know his name so I couldn't casually go look him up either. I wasn't entirely sure what his role was in this case yet, but it had to be important if he was trusted with the blueprints of the building.

I had a feeling that she was going to ask her father about this whole ordeal, but I prayed she was smart enough to think before telling the only outside person I knew was involved, how she found out about the blueprints. If my name was mentioned and it got back to my father I was completely fucked.

My father was very strict when giving me access to all the confidential information regarding his business.

There were a lot of behind the scenes operations that needed to be delt with before he could start promoting himself to the black market which was just pretty much contingency plans and building connections with people who could to cover his ass in case anything went to shit.

This plan of mine was years in the making and I had barley scraped the surface. It felt like I had just started yesterday trying to come up with some sort of plan. It took me three years just to get him to properly trust me and the first two I was treated like all his other employees, complete dog shit.

Desmond was always one for rules and he had plenty when it came to his precious company. But when I got promoted so did the amount of restrictions and eyes on me at all times making things a lot more difficult, which was why my plan wasn't in operation as of right now.