38

Hey everyone, first off, I just wanted to announce that this is officially the last chapter of "Damaged". I know it's a bit abrupt and the chapter is short, but I felt like this story has achieved all it can. Please don't be disappointed, the last thing I want to do is leave anyone angry or "ripped off", so be mindful that it's my personal decision to end the story. Thank you to all the wonderful readers and people who voted for my writing, it has meant the world to me and I appreciate every single one of you, I thoroughly hope you enjoyed all that my story has had to offer. Stay healthy and safe, protect yourself and others, and go rewatch CM for the millionth time ❤️ I LOVE YOU
*********************************************************

Spencer's POV:

I can't remember the last time I was this nervous. Nervous, but excited. As I stood at the altar, staring out at the crowded audience, I actually felt happy. This was the first BAU wedding in a while, and everyone was in high spirits. Suddenly music started playing, and the doors at the opposite end of the chapel opened. Everyone got a first view of the bride, who looked absolutely stunning.

I glanced at Derek beside me, whose eyes started to water at the sight of his soon-to-be wife. Savannah made her way down the aisle, her long dress trailing behind her. I lock eyes with Addie, who sits in the front row. She looks breathtaking in an indigo wrap-dress and her (now cropped) curly hair resting on her shoulders. Her face is literally glowing as she smiles and winks at me, subconsciously wrapping her arm around Willow, who is seated next to her. I grin back, quickly averting my attention to the ceremony once again.

It's been a long year consisting of several difficult cases, but it's also been the happiest year of my life. I have spent almost every minute of every day with the love of my life, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Addie and I just bought our first house together, which Derek is helping to renovate before we move in. It's quite a fixer-upper, but the potential is there. Willow is now a big nine year-old, who is obsessed with becoming a rockstar. She even performs concerts for Addie and I most nights, and even though I'm biased, I'd say she's the best rockstar I've ever heard.

"You may now kiss the bride," the priest announces, to which the newlywed couple eagerly complies. A big grin spreads across my face as I clap and holler along with the rest of the guests, happiness swelling inside me. Watching my best friend get married, even though I'm now 30 years old, feels like we're all finally growing up and moving onto the next stages of life. As long as I have my girls by my side, I can't wait.

Addie's POV:

I hate to say it, but my beloved hard-ass exterior crumbled during the ceremony and it's safe to say I was a puddle of tears. Two of my best friends found love and happiness together, and there's nothing more beautiful than that.

Shit, now I'm even thinking sappy thoughts.

Anyway, the reception is absolutely breathtaking. Rossi offered up his backyard, of course, and it's decorated beautifully. Every time I visit Rossi's I feel a wave of nostalgia wash over me, after all, this was the place where Spencer and I finally decided to be together a year ago.

"Something tells me that you and Spencer are next," JJ says seated next to me at the reception, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. I laugh and continue to bounce Michael on my lap, her youngest baby boy.

"I'm not so sure about that, isn't that right Michael?" I tickle his chubby cheek and smile when he squeals. Spencer and I haven't really addressed marriage yet, and we're both fine with that. I'm not sure I ever want to get married, at least not right now, but Spencer will always be my partner. That much I am sure of.

"Okay everybody, the dance floor is officially open!" Rossi announces, raising his glass. There is chatter and commotion as everyone flees to the freakishly large gazebo where Derek and Savannah are having their first dance. People start to pair off as well, slow dancing along with the newlyweds. I notice Willow standing a few paces away, staring at where Hotch, Beth and Jack are.

"Why don't you go ask him to dance?" I ask her, referring to Jack.

"He doesn't want to dance with a nine year-old," she huffs dramatically, forcing me to suppress a laugh. Jack is two years older than Willow.

"I'm sure he'd be flattered, Wills. You're a good dancer, right?"

"I'm the best dancer ever!" She exclaims, crossing her arms in solidarity.

"Go on, then. Have fun!" I laugh as she marches over to Jack. I can't hear their conversation, but I see the boy blushing and nodding, the two of the pm making their way to the dance floor.

"Should I be giving him the 'if you hurt her I'll kill you speech'?" Spencer's voice asks, coming up behind me.

"I think we both know that I'd be the more intimidating choice for that conversation," I chuckle, leaning back into him as I watch the kids.

"You're right," he grins, wrapping his arms around me.

"I'm really happy," I say to nobody in particular, smiling to myself.

"Me, too."

"You know what would make me even happier?"

"If you shared a dance with your dashingly handsome genius boyfriend?" Spencer jokes, eyebrows raised and already unwrapping himself from me. I nod, laughing, and take his hand as he leads me toward the dance floor.

THE END.