17

Addie's POV:

Having Spencer live with Willow and I was the best, even if it would only be for a little while. It was nice to come home and be able to carry on adult conversations and not just play dress up princesses with a five year old. Although, I'll admit, it's not as bad as it sounds. But one night, after I had finished putting Willow to bed, I went back into the living room to sit with Spence. He had a bowl of popcorn resting on his lap and an episode of Doctor Who on the tv. I wasn't a big fan of the show at first, but Spencer's enthusiasm for it became quite contagious. I propped myself down next to him, tugging the blanket to cover my legs as well. He looked over at me and smiled, making my heart thud so loud that I was afraid he'd hear it over the sound of the tv. I moved a little closer to him, and grabbed a fistful of popcorn, trying to pay attention to the show in front of me.

"Earth to Addie? Hello?" A hand waves in front of my face and I snap out of my trance. I notice that Spencer's looking at me expectantly and the tv is muted.

"Oh, what? Sorry, did you say something?" I mumble.

"What's going on with you, is everything okay?" He asks.

"Yeah, I think I'm just tired," I reply. No, you idiot, it's because you're crush on this man is so massive that you can't even focus on a simple task like watching television!

"You can tell me anything, Ads," Spencer says gently, his beautiful brown doe eyes staring down at me as his tongue darts across his lips, wetting them subconsciously. Oh, Jesus. Well, I guess it's now or never, fuck it. I suddenly bring both hands to the sides of Spencer's face and smash my lips against his. I can feel his body jolt in surprise, tensing up like he doesn't know what to do. His lips are extremely soft as I move mine against them, but he's not exactly kissing me back. Realization hits me and I break the kiss as quickly as I started it.

"Oh, god," is all I can manage to say, my hand flying over my mouth in horror. He didn't kiss me back, he doesn't like me like that. My eyes meet Spencer's for a brief second and his face is cherry red, his eyes wide and lips slightly parted in shock.

"Oh my god, oh my god. I... I'm so sorry," I exclaim, jumping to my feet. I practically run towards the bathroom, anything to get me out of this situation as quickly as possible.

"Addie, wait!" Spencer finally breaks out of his daze and follows after me. I shut the bathroom door behind me, not bothering with the lock because I knew he wouldn't come in unless I told him it was okay.

"Addie, please let me in," Spencer taps softly on the door. I don't reply, tears starting to spring to my eyes. How could I have been so stupid?

"Look, I'm sorry I acted that way. You just... you caught me by surprise, that's all," he says. I have literally never been more mortified in my entire life, now Spencer is actually apologizing for embarrassing me when I did it to myself.

"Spencer, please just go to bed," I beg through the door.

"Ads, I—" he starts.

"I'm sorry, it was a stupid mistake. I just... I need to be alone right now. Please." After a few long seconds, I hear Spencer sigh and his footsteps walking away from the bathroom. I've just ruined everything.

Spencer's POV:

It all happened so fast, one second I was looking down at her in concern, and the next her mouth was on mine. I immediately froze, unsure as to what was happening. Surely I'm dreaming, right? Addie was kissing me, like actually kissing me, and I was too taken aback to register it. But, as always, I was too late. She pulled away from me before I could even react, a horrified expression on her face. I could still feel the softness of her full lips on mine, the faint taste of berry chapstick, her hands on my face.