16

Hello everyone! First of all, Damaged already has over 600 views, which is a ton more than when I wrote the chapter before this. THANK YOU!!! Seriously, I hope you guys like it. I'm going to try and make the chapters longer, because I know they're pretty short, but writers block has honestly been getting the best of me. Plus I'm updating really late and I still have to study for an AP psych quiz tomorrow that I will definitely be failing (hehe whoops), so this chapter may feel a little rushed idk. Really needing those positive vibes right now, am I right? Anyways, I just wanted to stress that this chapter is from the PERSPECTIVE OF SPENCER, just so you don't get confused. I'm going to switch it back to Addie's perspective next, but I may start adding in more of his perspective if you guys like it. Sorry this was such a long rant, hopefully I'll update agin soon! I hope you enjoy! <3

*************************************************************************

Spencer's POV

I awoke that morning feeling rested, which was a pleasant surprise considering that my insomnia had been acting up recently and my whole body still aches from my gunshot wound. I sleepily opened my eyes, frowning briefly when my eyes met an unfamiliar ceiling. Then I realized that this was not my apartment, and I in fact was not alone. I turned my head ever so slightly and saw Addie laying next to me, curled up to the side of my body with an arm resting gently on my torso, avoiding my wound. She was sound asleep, her full lips slightly parted and her face peaceful. Her dark curls, which she usually wore up, were splayed messily around her like a halo. God, she was gorgeous. I wanted to lie there with her forever, but I knew a girl like Addie could never be with someone like me. Even her small snores were annoyingly perfect. Which is why I carefully extracted her arm from my torso and quietly slid out of bed before I acted upon my sudden urge to stroke her cheek or kiss her. Staggering into the bathroom, I winced at the dull ache in my abdomen and looked in the mirror. My hair was messier than usual, which was really saying something, and the dark circles around my eyes were still prominent despite my good sleep last night. I lift up my shirt to reveal my bandage, knowing that it needs to be changed again. I can still feel Addie's soft touch against my skin, how her slender fingers raised goosebumps, I didn't need an eidetic memory to remember that. I mean, it was slightly embarrassing though, so I decided to try and change the bandage myself this time. I manage to pull my shirt over my head carefully, but I can't reach the end of the bandage to unravel it, which has been secured on my back. I twist around to reach it but grunt as the intense feeling of pain overwhelms me.

"Shit!" I exclaim, probably a little louder than I should've. A few seconds later Addie comes bursting into the bathroom without knocking, her eyes wide and her hair sticking up in the craziest directions.

"What?! What happened?" She demands, her eyes scanning my body for injury.

"Nothing, I was just trying to change my bandage," I wince.

"Spencer!" She scolds, huffing and crossing her arms. I throw my hands up in surrender. I reluctantly let her change my bandage for me, again. As soon as she finishes, she grabs my wrist and looks at my watch.

"Shit!" She exclaims, even louder than I did. "I'm gonna be late!"

"You're going to work today?" I ask.

"Yeah, Hotch wants us all in for paperwork day," she groans, stomping down the hall.

"Willow! Time to get up, babes!" She calls, opening the girl's door and turning on the light. I can hear her protests, which makes me smile.

"But I want to wear my Elsa dress!" I hear Willow exclaim.

"You wore your Elsa dress yesterday, Wills," Addie tries to reason with her.