18

HOLY SHIT GUYS!!! WE'VE REACHED 1K VIEWS!!! seriously thank you guys so much, I never expected anyone to read this fanfic so this is definitely a pleasant surprise :) I really hope you guys are enjoying the story, I've uploaded twice in less that 24 hours to celebrate 1k, which is pretty much unheard of for me hehe. love u all, stay safe out there and don't forget to VOTE (on this story but more importantly in the upcoming presidential election!)
***********************************************************************

Spencer's POV:

Addie walks right past her usual spot next to me on the jet and heads to the back. Is she mad at me because of yesterday? I keep trying to find time to talk to her, but she's avoiding me at all costs.

"Trouble in paradise?" Derek jokes as he sits across from me, strapping his seatbelt on as we prepare to take flight.

"Huh?"

"Genius girl back there hasn't even glanced your way this whole morning."

"Oh... yeah," I reply lamely, not wanting to elaborate.

"Kid, are you going to tell me what's up? It doesn't take a profiler to notice you two are acting weird."

"Something happened last night and I reacted poorly, now she most definitely hates me," I sigh.

"Addie? Nah, that girl could never hate you. She acts all tough on the outside, but she's a real softie on the inside," Derek chuckles. "So, are you going to explain?"

"I really shouldn't." Part of me wants to tell Derek everything and get his advice, but I know that Addie probably wouldn't be happy.

"Come on, you know that I'm here for you. Man to man."

"Okay... but you have to promise to not blabber to Garcia!"

"I promise, pretty boy!"

"Okay, well, last night we were watching tv after Willow had already gone to bed. I noticed that Addie was acting odd, kind of distracted, so I muted the tv and asked her what was wrong. All of a sudden she just... kissed me. Like, totally out of the blue, so I was just really surprised. This is Addie we're talking about, she's my best friend! Anyway, she got really embarrassed when I didn't kiss her back and now everything is weird."

"Wow... she kissed you?" Morgan asks, eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Yes, now please keep your voice down," I hiss, looking to the back of the jet to make sure that the others didn't hear us. Hotch is looking over the case files and scribbling notes while Addie sits across from him, earbuds in as she stares out the window with an unreadable expression.

"Reid, no offense, but for someone who has an IQ of 187, you're kind of an idiot,"
Morgan replies.

"Excuse me?"

"Dude, Addie obviously likes you and now she's upset because she thinks you don't like her back. And don't even try to deny it, I know you've had a thing for since she joined the team. Why didn't you just kiss her back?"

"I... I don't know, she just took me by surprise." My cheeks start to heat up.

"Well you just have to talk to her. Clear the air, let her know that you have feelings for her too."

"Oh, I don't know about that," I laugh nervously.

"If you don't tell her how you feel, she's just going to keep avoiding you until you guys aren't even friends anymore."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll tell her tonight, at the hotel. Thanks, Derek."

"No problem, kid. Go get your girl," he smirks, sitting back in his seat.