7

Morgan, Spence and I walked into the police station to meet with the rest of the team. Hotch saw my dreary appearance and raised an eyebrow, but I saw Spencer slightly shake his head out of the corner of my eye to signal not to mention anything.

"We've already ruled Todd Kemper out, he has a solid alibi. But looking at the crime scene photos, nothing seems odd or out of place, like a struggle was put up. That leads us to believe our unsub was somebody that Willow knew or recognized. Young kids like her are very trusting of people they have seen before." JJ says.

"I can't imagine that my mom has a ton of acquaintances, besides a few people at the trailer park or from work," I reply.

"We also believe our unsub is male, women would typically go after infants rather than young children and he seems to be an assertive dominant personality," Hotch adds. Suddenly the phone rang and an officer went to answer it. He listened for a minute and then held it out.

"Is one of you Adeline Cohen?" He asked. I nod and he gives the phone to me.

"Hello?" I say.

"Adeline. It's nice to hear your voice after all this time," the voice on the other end says. I feel the hairs on the back of my next stand up as my body goes rigid. Hotch immediately puts the phone on speaker so everyone can hear and Garcia begins trying to tap into the caller location.

"Dad?" I ask cautiously.

"I didn't believe it at first, my little girl working for the FBI. But then again, you're not so little anymore, are you? You must be in your twenties now," the gravelly voice says.

"Why are you calling here?"

"Well," he simply chuckles, "don't you want to know where your mother's kid is?"

"Her name is Willow and you better not lay a finger on her," I growl through a clenched jaw.

"Trust me, I don't want the damn thing. But I'm willing to make a trade."

"Me for her," I say immediately. Spencer lays a hand on my arm, frowning.

"We have some unfinished business, don't we, Addie-bear?" I cringe as he uses my old nickname.

"Why now?" I ask, too tempted to seek answers.

"Tobias Park, midnight. And don't bring your friends," he says before the line goes dead. I bang my fist on the table, making a few people jump. I glance at the clock, midnight is only an hour from now.

"Garcia, did you get anything?" Hotch asks. The tech analyst sighs in remorse.

"Nothing, he was pinging off several towers."

"Okay, then we got to think of a new plan," Derek chimes in.

"New plan? The plan is Tobias Park at midnight," I say.

"It's too dangerous and obviously a trap, Grant," Hotch replies.

"I don't care! My dad has my little sister and I know the things he's capable of," I start strapping on a vest and re-loading my gun.

"Addie, let's talk about this..." Spencer steps in front of me.

"There's nothing to talk about," I say, looking him dead in the eyes, "I know all of you would do the exact same thing if you were in my position." Hotch sighs, knowing that I'm right.

"Let's get a perimeter around the park. Under no circumstances are the officers allowed to show themselves or intervene unless absolutely necessary."

The rest of the team begins to run around, putting the plan into motion. Spencer is the only one who stays put, and soon it's just us left in the room.