she falls asleep on you

You looked up from your phone when you heard the door of the dressing room close. Lia yawned as she made her way over to where you sat on the couch. She took a seat beside you, a soft sigh falling from her lips when you put your hands on her shoulders and began to massage them.

She was tense for a number of reasons, the stress being the biggest. The distance between you had been another but now that you're by her side again, she's started to relax again.

You started to rub her back as you placed your chin on her shoulder. You kissed her cheek softly and watched a sleepy smile tug at her lips.

"You look tired."

"I'm okay, y/n, don't worry." She mumbled and sent you a small smile, trying to convince you she was okay, despite the dark circles under her eyes. "There's a lot going on. I love touring, love being with the girls every day, love traveling from place to place. But I'm a little tired." She said and a soft, shaky sigh fell from her lips as your lips brushed along her shoulder lovingly. "I'm gonna be just fine though. I've got you by my side again, I know everything's gonna be okay."

She turned her face and you leaned in to steal another kiss from her lips. You've been stealing them with every chance you get, finding that each one only gets better than the last. The sparks always fly, whether it's slow and sweet or passionate and deep. You feel that flutter in your heart each time, feel your skin tingle when her fingers trail along your body.

Today is the first day you've been able to spend by her side in the last two months. It's only been a few hours. You landed just before the show began, which wasn't how you originally planned. But things changed and your flight got delayed.

But everything you went through to get here with her again was oh so worth it now that you see that she's the happiest she's been since the day you had to part. Nothing makes you happier.

She pulled away from your lips and cracked a smile at you as her forehead fell onto yours. She peppered a few kisses along your cheek, just to hear that sweet giggle fall from your lips. But she stopped when she had to yawn again. She rolled her head back, cracking her neck a couple of times before her eyes slipped shut.

"You're exhausted, Lia."

"No, I'm not. I'm just resting my eyes." She replied, to which you rolled your eyes with a smile.

"Okay. Well, why don't you rest your eyes with your head on my lap."

"You're just trying to get me to fall asleep." She said as she opened her eyes, eyebrows raised in amusement as she caught onto your plan.

"Maybe. But if you're not tired then we'll just talk. You can just lay your pretty little head on my lap and we'll catch up. You can tell me stories of everything I've missed out on."

She nodded and placed her head on your lap. She stretched out her long legs and let them hang over the arm of the sofa. Her eyes closed again and she hummed contentedly as you brushed your fingers through her long hair.

"I've missed you, y/n," she mumbled as she reached for your hand. Your heart fluttered when she intertwined your fingers together and let them rest over her lap.

"I've missed you too." You whispered, staring down at her with a look of love. "I think you know that already though since I traveled so far to see you."

She laughed and nodded her head happily.

"But I love you so much, Lia. It's been a long couple of months without you by my side. Being here with you, being able to hold onto you and kiss you, tell you how much I love you face to face instead of through a screen, makes me so happy."

"Me too." She mumbled, her words falling from her lips a little slower since she was starting to drift off to sleep, although she wouldn't admit it. "I love you lots, y/n."

You stared down at her, marveling over her beauty. It wasn't just what you saw on the outside that took your breath away and always leaves you standing in awe, but also what she is inside, too. You adore her; everything about her and sometimes you can't help but wonder what you did so right to deserve her.

"What should we do tomorrow? I know it's your day off. I'm up for anything."

You waited for her to respond, but she never did. You looked at her chest and watched it rise and fall steadily. She began to snore softly and your heart melted as it hit you that she'd fallen asleep on your lap.

"Goodnight, angel. I'll wake you when we have to go. But for now, you get some rest and have sweet dreams." You said and kissed her head before laying yours back against the sofa to watch her breathe as you thanked the universe for letting you be back by her side again.