you're scared of the thunder (requested)

"It's okay, it's okay." Lia comfortingly spoke into your ear as you jumped in her embrace over the loud clap of thunder outside.

You had your head resting on her shoulder and her shirt bunched up in a tight grip.

It didn't surprise her that you were clinging so tight to her and practically holding onto her for dear life, and she wasn't complaining.

She likes knowing that you turn to her like this when you're afraid.

It makes her feel good when she's able to keep you safe and protect you, even if it's from something that won't physically harm you.

"Are you alright, baby?"

You shook your head and just as you did, the thunder crashed once more.

As it did, you gasped and buried your face in her neck as you scooted as close to her as you could get.

"It's alright, baby. Don't be scared, I'm here." She said as she rubbed your back soothingly.

She tangled her legs with yours and softly kissed the crown of your head as you trembled in her arms.

"I hate the thunder." You mumbled against her neck. "Just a storm without-"

Before you could even finish your sentence, the thunder crashed again.

"That!" You finished.

"I know, baby. The thunder sucks. I know it's scary." Lia comforted. "But I'm right here. Try to relax."

It was hard to do when fear instinctively rushed through you whenever the thunder would crash.

But you tried to relax as she held you close.

When the thunder would hit and you'd shake in her arms, she'd just squeeze you a little tighter and whisper comforting words into your ear.

"Don't worry, my love. I've got you, I'm here."

You snuggled up to her and closed your eyes as you breathed in the scent of her perfume on her skin.

She was comforting.

She's the only thing that you need in moments like these; when you're terrified and vulnerable.

The thunder came again and you jumped slightly but not nearly as badly as you did before.

"I'm still here. You're safe, baby."

"I know." You whispered and closed your eyes, grateful that she was there to hold you when you need her most.