she defends you when an interviewer talks badly about you (requested)

"ITZY!" The interviewer happily spoke as she began the interview. "Hi, lovely ladies. How are you all doing today?"

"Great! Thank you for asking." Ryujin smiled.

"The five of you must be exhausted. You've been very busy lately, especially over the last day or two with your newest album dropping!"

"Yeah, a little." Yuna laughed. "But we're having fun. We love this album a lot."

"I can understand why. It's fantastic!"

"Thank you!" Chaeryeong grinned.

"So, to start this off, what is your favorite song from the album?"

The girls all took a few seconds to think about it before answering.

"Actually, Lia helped write one of the songs on the album." Yeji proudly said.

"Not much, just a few lines," Lia said as she tried to hide her growing smile. "But they're very special because it's a love song and I wanted to add those lyrics because of my girlfriend."

The interviewer rolled her eyes in response before a look of disgust appeared on her face.

"What was that for?" Lia asked.

"Well, they're great lyrics. Very soft and loving. But... I don't see it."

"See what?" Yeji asked, stepping in.

"What she sees in her girlfriend. I don't see why you'd even want to write those things about her. Calling her beautiful and saying how in love you are when you could do better."

The girls were flabbergasted by this lady's words.

But Lia wasn't as shocked as them.

She was angry.

"Excuse me? We're here to do an interview about our album, not for you to criticize my girlfriend and put your opinion in about my love life." Lia scoffed.

"Last time I checked, I was entitled to an opinion too." The lady sassed.

"Yeah, you are. About our music. Not her relationship." Chaeryeong defended. "That look of disgust was especially uncalled for."

"Well, sorry, but I can't control my reaction. You mention her girlfriend and that sorta just happens. She's not easy on the eyes."

Lia clenched her jaw as Yuna reached over, trying to calm her friend.

But there was no calming Lia at this point.

The interviewer had crossed too many lines and said too many things for her to just sit back and let it go.

"She's a hell of a lot prettier than you are," Lia said as she folded her arms over her chest.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Look, with all due respect, you're older than us."

"Yeah, a lot older," Ryujin mumbled, making Yuna and Yeji chuckle quietly.

"You should be more mature and respectful. I don't know if these things you're saying are out of anger or jealousy but either way, it's weird. Don't be sitting there and insulting my girlfriend like that!"

"If you're looking for an apology, look somewhere else, honey. I'll apologize the day that you two break up. I'm sure you'll come to your senses soon."

"Well, Y/N and I are never breaking up, so I wouldn't hold your breath," Lia remarked. "And honestly, for you to sit there and call my girlfriend names and say she's ugly is bold of you when you look like that. Have you looked in a mirror recently? You're the last person to be insulting someone about their looks, honey." Lia said, smiling sarcastically.

The girls were all impressed and proud of Lia for standing up for you.

She wasn't afraid to say what she was feeling.

She'd had more than enough and if this lady wanted to insult you, she was going to be insulted back.

It's a level that Lia wouldn't usually stoop to but today, she can't hold back.

"You watch your mouth, young lady."

"Yeah, Lia, haven't you heard of respecting your elders?" Yuna asked, making the lady gasp.

"Are you saying I'm old?" She spoke in shock.

"If the shoe fits, honey," Yeji smirked.

"Now that I've said all I needed to say, I'm out of here," Lia said before getting up from her seat. "But be warned that if you ever say anything else about my girlfriend, this was me being kind to you. I'll do a hell of a lot worse if her name ever comes out of your mouth and that's a promise."

Lia stormed off set as the girls all got up to follow her.

"This interview isn't over!"

"Actually, it is." Chaeryeong said. "It was the second you rolled your eyes and started insulting Lia's girlfriend."

"You can't just storm off!"

"Watch us." Yuna smiled as they all walked to their dressing room, where Lia was.

"Way to go, Lia." Yeji smiled. "I'm proud of you for standing up for Y/N back there."

"I had to. I couldn't just sit back and let her say those things." Lia sighed. "But thank you for also defending Y/N. It means a lot to me and I know it will to her as well."

"What are friends for?" Ryujin smiled before hugging Lia, who grinned and held Ryujin just as tight.

She just hoped that this lady's words wouldn't get under your skin.

You deserve better than that.