she gives you a piggyback ride (requested)

"What should we do now?" Lia asked as you walked out of the restaurant hand in hand.

Your eyes were bright as she turned to look at you and her heart fluttered over how happy it made her to see you so happy tonight.

It's been a long week and until tonight, you've both been feeling quite stressed with everything going on in your lives.

But it's clear to each other to see that you're both much happier and much more content as you spend every minute of this beautiful night out together.

"Whatever you want." You said and she kissed your head softly before thinking for a minute.

Her eyes lit up as she thought of something.

"How about we go home and cuddle? If you want to do something else out, that's fine. But I'd love to spend the rest of tonight with you in my arms."

"That sounds absolutely perfect." You smiled at her and she kissed your lips lovingly before you began to walk home.

Since it's such a beautiful night, you decided to walk instead of drive to the restaurant. It's not too far from the house, about a twenty or twenty-five-minute walk and the fresh air sounded so nice.

You're enjoying the walk home just as much as you enjoyed the walk to dinner.

Your head is on Lia's shoulder, your hands intertwined as you talk about whatever was on your mind, and Lia listened to every word that fell from your lips.

Time passed with every step you took and before you knew it, you were about ten minutes from arriving home. Lia suddenly had an idea and quit walking, making you do the same.

"Lia? Babe, are you okay?"

"Yeah." She smiled. "I just had an idea. I want to do something."

"I thought you wanted to go home and cuddle?"

She giggled before nodding her head.

"Yeah, I still want to do that, my love. But I want to give you a piggy-back ride home."

"Lia-"

Before you could protest, she was shaking her head and bending down for you to get on her back.

"C'mon, y/n. Get on my back. I really want to do this."

You couldn't resist. You instantly caved in, adoring the idea of her giving you a piggy-back ride all the way home. Something about it warmed your heart inexpressibly.

"Okay." You agreed and got onto her back.

You put your arms around her neck and wrapped your legs around her hips as she reached back to hold onto your legs.

"Ready?"

"Yeah, baby. I'm ready." You excitedly spoke into her ear, making her grin happily as she resumed walking.

You laid your cheek on her shoulder and closed your eyes, enjoying every second of these moments with her.

"Lia?"

"Yeah, baby?"

"Thank you."

"For?" She asked, a confused chuckle falling from her lips.

"Tonight. Everything about it was so wonderful. From the dinner you treated me to, to this moment with you right now. I had so much fun. I think it's the best evening I've had and the happiest I've felt in so long and I want you to know how much I appreciate it and how much I cherish these moments with you."

"Oh, my love. It's my pleasure." She replied. "Trust me, I needed this night with you just as much as you need it with me. We've both been under a lot of stress lately. The das have been long, the nights much too short. We needed some time to just let go of everything and be with each other. It was absolutely perfect. I cherished every minute with you too, baby girl."

You kissed her shoulder a few times, making her heart soar in her chest.

"I love you so much." You said. "And I love that you gave me a piggy-back ride. It made me so happy."

"Same here, baby, and I love you more."

You held onto her a little tighter as she continued to carry you home, both of you enjoying every second with each other.