break up prank (requested)

The sweet smile on Lia's face warmed your heart. As she walked through the door after her busy day with those bright eyes and that big smile, you had to do your very best to hold your own smile back; the one that always instinctively forms when you see her.

You did your very best to keep that sad look in your eyes and you nervously picked at the black polish on your nails as she frowned over your quietness and came to sit down on the sofa beside you.

"Hey, baby. Is everything okay?"

Her voice was so soft, just like her touch as she brushed her fingers along your thighs. She could tell that something was on your mind and she knows that you find comfort in her touch. She just wanted to give you that, hoping you'd open up to her about whatever was bringing you down.

"You look so sad. Tell me what's going on in that busy brain of yours."

You just sighed sadly as you looked at her, staring into those once bright and sparkly eyes that were now filled with a look of concern.

She reached out to cup your cheek, planning to caress it with the hopes of you leaning in to her touch and talking to her.

But you turned away before she got the chance.

"I don't know how to tell you this."

"Just tell me."

You heard the nervous chuckle that fell from her lips after her words, but you could tell she was hoping you wouldn't notice it.

"I-I think we need to break up."

She swallowed thickly, a shaky breath falling from her lips. The silence in the air was thick and uncomfortable; something you've never felt before with Lia.

"But... I don't understand. Why? What happened?"

"It's complicated."

"How? Tell me!" She begged, her voice cracking as she hung her head in sadness. "What's happening? Where is this coming from? Because we've never had this discussion before. We've talked about the future together and those talks have only ever included us together. You said you don't ever want anyone else and neither do I."

You nodded slowly, trying your hardest to keep going with the prank, but you knew you were reaching your breaking point.

"Are people saying things online again? Are there rumors going around? Is there more hate? Is there something bothering you that made you feel like this was the only option? Because, y/n, whatever it is, I will fix it and I swear that to you. I don't know what it will take but I will do it, I will do anything for you if it means you staying."

You turned your head to look at her to find her already looking at you. Her eyes were filled with tears, her bottom lip was trembling as she fought back a sob.

"I don't want to lose you. Please, y/n. Please don't go. Don't leave me."

You wrapped your arms around her and hugged her close. The prank was stupid and pointless. You knew that from the moment your friends told you about it, daring you to pull it on your sweet girl.

You couldn't care less about anything else in that very moment. You just wanted to hold her and apologize to her and make sure she knows just how much you love and need her.

"I'm sorry, Lia."

She tensed in your arms and you knew she thought that those words would be followed by you letting go and walking out the door.

But you just held her tighter.

"I'm not leaving. I'm never leaving you, I promise."

She sniffled, refusing to say a word as you held her close.

"It was just a prank. One that was stupid and got out of hand so much faster than I thought it would. I didn't think-"

"You didn't think what? You know how much you mean to me! What did you think I'd do?"

"I know." You spoke quietly as she pulled away, staring at you in disbelief. "It was stupid and I'm so sorry. I can't even put into words just how awful I feel. I love you. Please believe me. Please forgive me."

She stared at you for a moment before she sighed and took your hands into hers.

"Yeah, I forgive you. But don't do that again. It really scared me."

"Never again, I swear."

She nodded and hugged you tight.

"I love you."

"Yeah, yeah," she sighed then chuckled when you pouted at her, desperate to hear the words fall from her lips. "I love you too; more than anything."