she raises her voice at you - part two (requested)

A couple of curse words slipped from Lia's lips as she buried her head in her hands.

She replayed the words she spoke to you inside her brain and let the guilt flood over her more intensely every time she thought about how much they must've hurt you.

She didn't know you'd forgive her or if you'd hear her out if she tried to speak to you but she had to try.

So she got out of bed and walked across the hall to the guest room.

Sinking her teeth into her lip, she took a deep breath before quietly knocking on the door.

"Y/N? Can you please let me in?"

She wasn't surprised at all to only receive silence in response.

"I know I messed up. I know what I said must've hurt your feelings. I just want to talk to you and let you know just how sorry I am."

Her heart was hammering against her chest as she waited to hear the lock on the door turn or hear your voice on the other side of the door.

But everything stayed silent, including you.

"I don't blame you for being upset." She sighed. "I'm upset with myself. I'm disappointed in myself for the way I acted. If you want to talk, I'll be in the bedroom. I'll wait patiently."

She started to make her way back to the bedroom, her sock-covered feet padding across the floor... until she heard the lock on the door turn.

She turned around and saw you standing at the door with your arms folded over your chest.

"Can we talk?" She asked.

"Depends. Are you going to raise your voice at me again?"

"No." She said as she walked to you. "I shouldn't have done that in the first place."

"I agree." You said. "You didn't have to speak to me that way. I didn't do anything to you."

"You're exactly right." She sighed as she put her hands on your hips. "You could tell that I was stressed and you just wanted to make me feel better and I raised my voice at you. I'm disappointed in myself for doing that."

You could see in her eyes that she was speaking genuinely.

"I can't believe I said what I said to you." She said as she shook her head in disbelief upon thinking back to it. "It was uncalled for."

"Yeah." You agreed. "I know you've got a lot going on but that doesn't mean you can talk like that to me."

She nodded her head wordlessly as you gazed into her tired eyes.

"If you're having a bad day, if you're stressed, or you just need space then tell me nicely. You don't have to say such mean things. I'm always afraid that I annoy people and hearing you say it..." you paused as a sad sigh left your lips. "Hearing you raise your voice at me and call me annoying hurt a little."

"Darling, you never annoy me."

"You're sure?" You asked as she gently placed her hands on your cheeks.

"Absolutely positive. I love you and I love when you're by my side. You don't annoy me. I was just cranky and, again, I said things I shouldn't have. I have to remember that when I come home after being in the studio or practice, I'm home and that's all behind me until the next day."

"Exactly, Lia. I just want to help you feel better and forget all about your days when they're hard or exhausting. I love you. I don't want you to make me feel bad."

"I never will again. I promise you." She said as you put your arms around her. "I will never raise my voice at you again, I swear."

You stared into her eyes as she brushed her thumbs across your cheeks in circles.

"Please forgive me, baby. Please believe me when I say that I'm so, so sorry."

"I believe you and I forgive you, as long as you don't ever raise your voice at me anymore."

"I never will, not ever." She promised before kissing your cheek. "I love you lots."

"I love you too."

"So," She started to smile. "Can I have some hugs and kisses from my girl? It'll make me feel a lot better after the day I had."

"That's what I thought." You smiled before peppering her face with kisses, causing sweet and happy giggles to fall from her lips. "Do you want to tell me about your day too?"

"No. I just want to forget about it and spend some time with my girl."

You smiled and kissed her lips lovingly, wanting the same thing as she did.