you're scared of heights (requested)

"You know what we should do next?" Lia asked with a bright smile on her face as you walked through the carnival, hand in hand.

You finished the last bit of your cotton candy, staring at her in curiosity.

"What's that, baby?"

"Go on the ferris wheel!"

She grinned and looked in front of where you stood; the gate to get on the ferris wheel.

You hadn't even realized you had made your way over here. It's one of the few things you won't get on here at this carnival or any carnival for that matter. Anything to do with heights is not for you and, well, the ferris wheel is pretty high on the list.

"It'll be fun! There's no one else in line for it. We'd have quite a beautiful view."

You saw the sparkle in her beautiful brown eyes.

She was  just hoping you'd say yes.

"Okay." You hesitantly agreed and she squealed in excitement before going to the guy at the gate, showing him the bracelets on your wrists.

Once he opened the gate to let you both through.

There were a couple of people ready to go whenever it would start and, soon after you got on it, it began to move.

You took a deep breath as you closed your eyes.

"Wow, look at this view!" She gasped as she looked around as you got higher and higher. "Babe, it's beautiful. Don't you agree?"

You couldn't seem to say anything. You were too freaked out to even open your eyes.

"Baby?" She frowned as she looked at you. "What's the matter?"

"Are we high up? Or are we going back down?"

Just as you said that the ride came to a stop, and you didn't have to open your eyes to see if you were at the very top; you just knew.

"We're at the top, my love." She grinned. "You're missing quite a view."

"I'm sure it's lovely but if I open my eyes right now, Lia, I might faint."

"What? Why?" She asked in a panicked tone.

"I'm scared of heights."

"And you tell me that now? Of all times, y/n? When we're at the very top of the ferris wheel? Why didn't you tell me before?"

"Because you looked so excited. I didn't want to say no."

"Y/N, that's not exactly what I mean. But, just for the record, we could've done something else or I could've even come up here on my own! Anything to not have to put you through this." She sighed as she began to feel guilty and even a little freaked out herself. "What I meant was why didn't you tell me at the start of our relationship? We've been together for about three months and you never told me this."

"It hadn't come up yet and, honestly, I didn't think it would. But I should've told you and for that, I'm sorry."

She sighed and squeezed your hand comfortingly.

"Can you please open your eyes for me? I promise that I won't let anything happen to you. You trust me, right"

You slowly opened your eyes and, instantly, you met her big brown ones.

"There are those beautiful eyes." She softly spoke as she brushed her thumb across your knuckles soothingly. "You don't have to look around. Just lean on me."

"I don't want to move-"

"Sweet girl, I won't let anything happen to you. I swear it."

You exhaled shakily before curling up to her.

She put her arms around you to hold you securely in her embrace.

"There we go, my love. I've got you. Try to relax. I know it's hard but we'll be at the bottom soon and we'll get off right away. Just focus on me. I'm right here."

You nodded and kept your head on her shoulder, refusing to focus on anything but her.

Soon, you began to move again, and you felt a huge weight lift from your shoulders as you started to move towards the bottom.

A moment later, you reached the bottom, and you were more than happy to get off.

Lia took your hand as you got out of the cart and then led you out of the gate, past the people waiting to get on next.

"What next?"

"Anything that doesn't have to do with heights." You said and Lia laughed before kissing your head. "Thank you for comforting me and keeping me safe back there."

"No problem, my love. I care about you very much. I'll always keep you safe, I promise."

You shared a couple of sweet kisses before she dropped your hand so she could put her arm around you instead, swearing to you and to herself that she'd never let anything happen to you.

No matter what.