when you have a toothache (requested)

Lia rubbed your back comfortingly as you placed your palm against the right side of your cheek, over the tooth that has been aching terribly.

"It's only one more day, my love. Then we get that cavity filled and the pain will be gone." She promised and you just groaned.

With the amount of pain you're in, that feels like forever away.

You still don't know exactly how this happened.

You take great care of your teeth, brushing them two or three times a day, depending.

You also always floss and get your teeth cleaned every few months, just as you should.

But these things happen regardless and although you knew these things must be painful, you didn't expect it to be this painful.

It's excruciating and it leaves Lia feeling helpless.

She's done her best to help you feel better since the pain began late last night.

She even called the dentist for you to book the appointment for tomorrow, since you felt so awful.

But she still feels helpless, despite doing all these things that she knows make a huge difference for you.

"I know it feels like an eternity, doesn't it?"

"Yeah." You mumbled. "It really hurts."

"I know, baby. But you're going to be just fine. I promise. It's just one more day."

You took a few sips of water as she rubbed your back, her fingers gently scratching across your skin.

"How about we put some Orajel on? That might help."

You wordlessly nodded your head and she got up to go into the bathroom, kissing your head lovingly before doing so.

She returned a moment later with the Orajel in her hand and she gently put some on the index finger of her right hand.

Opening your mouth, you squeezed your eyes shut and felt her brush the Orajel onto your tooth.

You were met with a rush of relief as you felt the numbness spread, the pain quickly fading away.

"How's that, sweet girl? Better?"

You nodded and she also breathed out a sigh of relief, so happy to see that it was already doing the trick.

"Want to watch a movie with me?"

Again, you nodded and she handed you the remote as she fixed your pillows for you, making sure they were all fluffed up for you so you could sit up and be comfortable.

You chose a movie that you love before putting the remote down on the nightstand.

"I love you so much." She whispered. "I can't wait for you to feel better. Not much longer now, baby. I promise you. It's all going to be just fine."

You closed your eyes, happy that the pain was gone for now, at least if it was only just temporary.

But tomorrow, that would change and the filling would help to make it completely disappear.

You know that Lia will be there to hold your hand when you get it done, too.

Because she's amazing that way and you know she's just as ready for you to feel better as you are.