you're sick

Stirring in her sleep as a rush of cool air came over her, Lia rolled over in bed to move closer to you and hug you tight. But her eyes quickly flew open upon feeling only wet sheets where you lay and she jumped when she heard you cough in the bathroom.

She got out of bed immediately and her bare feet padded across the floor until she reached the bathroom. She tried to turn the handle to let herself in as she grew anxious when you coughed again, but she found that the door was locked and it only made her more nervous.

"Y/n?" She spoke softly and knocked on the door quietly. "Are you okay? Can you let me in? You're worrying me." She muttered quickly, the words all falling from her lips in a rush with how nervous she felt.

She waited a moment and distracted herself by bouncing her knee until the lock finally turned and you let her in. She walked inside to a heartbreaking sight.

You stood at the sink, shaky and sweaty. Your knees felt like jelly so you held the sink with one hand and used the other to rinse out your mouth to rid the sick taste from your mouth. You threw one of her shirts on before getting into bed and it was clinging to your skin now from the beads of sweat running down your body.

She walked up behind you and her hand fell to your back, only to pull right back when she realized you felt hot.

"What happened?"

"I got sick." You mumbled weakly while you brushed your teeth. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"No, y/n, you should've woken me as soon as you started to feel sick." She whispered softly before laying her hand on your shoulder blade, running her fingers in soothing circles.

"I felt uncomfortable at first. My stomach was sore but I didn't think I'd end up throwing up. I ended up getting sick only a few minutes ago."

She nodded sadly and held your hair back for you as you swished the water around your mouth before spitting into the sink.

"You're burning up."

"I feel awful." You mumbled and turned around to lay your head on her chest, finding comfort there in her arms.

"You've probably got the flu. It's been going around." She mumbled and tried to comfort you by dropping a kiss to the crown of your head and rubbing your shoulders. "Do you feel nauseous? Your stomach still upset?"

"No more nausea but my stomach is still a little achy. I just want to go to bed."

"Okay, we'll get you into bed. First, let's get you changed into another shirt. You're sweating so much that you're soaked through it."

You nodded and held onto her as she helped you back to bed. She sat you on the foot of it and went into the closet to grab you another one of her shirts before she came back to you and knelt on the floor in front of you.

"Raise your arms for me, baby."

You groaned but complied, although it was easier said than done. Your muscles were so sore that any movement hurt you. But you knew you had to get out of the shirt before you could get into bed and you wanted that more than anything.

You went to lay under the blankets, only for Lia to pull them away from you.

"Lia," you whined, only stopping when she kissed your warm forehead.

"Be right back." She said and took the blankets with her, making you shiver as you closed your heavy eyes. It was only a moment later that you began to relax when she laid a sheet over you instead. "There. That should help."

She caressed your forehead and watched you peek an eye open so you could stare at her, only to close them again right after. She was obviously concerned about you. This is the first time you've been so sick since you first got together several months ago and as much as it broke her heart, she was so relieved to know that she was there to take care of you.

"Do you need anything? How about some cough drops for your throat? Maybe some soup or some water? Do you need another sheet?"

"Lia," you interrupted, cracking a small sleepy smile to try to calm her nerves. "I'm okay. I'm feeling a little better right now. All I need are some cuddles."

"I can do that!" She said and climbed into bed beside you. She would usually pull you into her arms, but in fear of making you more uncomfortable, she let you move into them on your own and let you take your time in doing so.

Your head fell back against her chest. Her heartbeat brought you comfort, her touch bringing you a little happiness despite just how awful you felt.

"If you feel sick again, please let me know. I want to be here for you and take care of you."

"I promise I will, Lia." You mumbled tiredly before yawning. "I'm okay for now. Just tired."

She nodded and kissed your head and watched you drift off to sleep.

"Hope you feel better soon. Love you, y/n. Have sweet dreams." She whispered and stayed awake for a few minutes, just to watch you and make sure you were okay before she allowed herself to fall back asleep. But she was ready to wake right back up if you needed her for anything.