you get sick during a trip (requested)

Lia finished brushing her teeth and changing into her sweats before exiting the bathroom.

She smiled to herself upon seeing that you were still curled up under the covers, sound asleep.

She attempted to wake you up a few minutes ago but it was still early and you've had a long and busy few days, so she knows you're sleepy.

You and Lia have taken a trip to Canada and currently, it's wintertime.

You've heard that's one of the best times to go as the snow always looks so pretty on the trees and even though it gets extremely cold, there's so much to do and it's so much fun.

So now seemed like the perfect time to travel to Canada.

You've both had so much fun so far but, unfortunately, you only have today and tomorrow left before you return home to South Korea again.

So Lia wants to make the most of it.

Crawling into bed with you, she playfully poked your cheeks.

But the smile that was on her face faded when she realized that you felt feverish.

You let out a groan and tried to turn over onto your side but Lia was hovering over you, so that wasn't an option currently.

You slowly opened your heavy eyes and saw Lia frowning at you.

"Baby, are you not feeling well?"

"Not really." You said as you coughed into your elbow.

"I'm so sorry." She sighed. "It was my idea to take a trip here and spend time in the outdoors while it's so cold and now you're sick."

She felt bad, as if you hadn't chosen on your own to do those things with her.

"Lia, stop, baby. It's not your fault. I'm sick, it happens. I'll be fine in no time, don't worry too much."

"That's easier said than done." She said as she felt your warm forehead. "You're running a fever. I'm going to take a trip to the nearest store and get you some medicine."

"Can you do that in a little while, baby? Right now, I'm really cold and I don't feel good and I just want some cuddles."

She couldn't say no to you or to that.

And so, she laid down next to you with a little smile on her face.

"I guess I ruined whatever you had planned for the day." You spoke before sneezing into your elbow.

"No, there's just been a change of plans, and that's not your fault. You're sick." She said as she caressed your cheek.

"So what do we do today then?"

"We are going to stay in this hotel bed and rest. We'll cuddle and I'll feed you some soup, which I'll get from the store in a while. You're going to focus on resting and recovering."

"But we have to leave soon." You said with a sad expression.

"We can come back any time you want, darling. We can always do the things we were going to do today another time."

"And you're not mad?"

"Not in the slightest." She assured with a smile. "I get to take care of my girl and give her a ton of cuddles. How could I be mad about that?"

You closed your eyes and leaned into her touch with a flutter in your heart.

"Get some sleep."

"You won't leave me, right? Not even to go to the store?"

"I won't leave you for even a second. I promise." She said as she kissed your cheek.

She watched you drift off to sleep as she put her arms around you and held you close to her, giving you all the warmth and comfort she could, because she just loves you so much.