『39』Depression

XXXXXXXX, XX XXXX, 850, 2 hours and 3 minutes left

----------------------------------------------------------

The first thing you heard when you woke up was the small squeak of a door opening, the sound soon being followed by the groaning of floorboards as someone tried their best to quietly make their way across the room, 'Where am I again?' you pondered for a moment, scanning your location through groggy eyes. As soon as you could fully see through your (E/C) hues, it came back to you easily, 'Oh yeah, that's right -I'm in Hanji's room. Last night we...' Your cheeks became dyed a deep rouge, recalling the events of the prior night as your spheres fell upon Hanji's figure, said girl standing with her back towards you as she slipped her sleeves into her typical off-white blouse, facing her closet with her pants already secured around her hips.

"Good morning." you spoke, still slightly flustered about what had transpired last night, but overall not letting it stop you from talking to the woman as you normally would. Opening your mouth, you were about to continue and ask her a typical question -something along the lines of, "How are you?" or "How's it going?"- but stopped yourself short as you noticed her dampened hair, the offshoots that would usually stand up on their own more prominently slightly dropping downwards with what you assumed was water-weight, "Wait, did you take a shower?"

The female faced you as she finished buttoning her shirt, a pretend annoyed glare playing upon her face as she shot you a look and recognised that you had awakened from your slumber, "Well good morning to you too, I feel personally attacked." she drawled out, before pitching her voice a little higher as she asked with a whine, "I'm not that bad, am I? You say that like I've never done so before." You got out of the bed as she had spoken, first wrapping a blanket around your body -to Hanji's expressed disapproval though a grunt- before slowly making your way to her, all while giving her a sceptical look, "I don't know there Hanji, I wouldn't put it past you."

She let out a scoff as her mocha spheres fell upon you, "Wow, glad to see you think so highly of me." Giving her a teasing grin, you picked up the leather harness that was on the edge of the bed and handed it to her through your blanket, that grin souring a little as you recalled why she was getting into her harness, 'That's right, she's leaving to go detain Annie and make sure that she's captured -and I also need to ask Hanji where this is all going down, that way I can be there too and make sure I can help as much as possible.' Watching as she gave you an appreciative nod and easily untangled the thick threads, she started applying them to her body while you replied to her previous statement, "Can you blame me?"

She rolled her eyes, "Ouch, since when were you so mean, (N/N)?"

"Ah, y'know. Some would say I've always been like this."

'O-Oh...' You partially froze as you said the words -Eld and Gunther, and all the times they've called you mean, coming to mind as you did your best to push the memories back, just for now, 'All I have to do is stay strong until she leaves, then I can break down if I really need to. But not right now; if I really do end up dying trying to do this I don't want her to think I did so while sad. That would just be cruel to her...'

Everything went quiet for a few moments as Hanji finished up putting on her gear -her only casually responding, "Yeah, right." to what you had said before- so you took this opportunity to ask her where she was heading for the day, 'I don't think that I'll get a much better chance than this, not before she has to eventually leave anyways.'

"Hey Hanji?" you started, "Where is this whole thing even taking place?"

She stopped for a second as she stood up from the bed. Eyeing you as if trying to decipher if you were planning anything or not; weariness was easily detectable as she seemed to go back and forth in her head if she should tell you or not -you had predicted that she would be suspicious however, and were prepared to back up your reasoning, "I just wanna know in case something happens to you, so then I know at least the general location of where you'll be so I can visit you hospital-and/or-med-bay wise. Speaking of," you added, meeting your stern orbs to her sweet cinnamon ones warningly, "You better not get hurt. I'll strangle you if you do, y'know."