『31』Special Operations Squad

Saturday, June 29, 850 at 11:54

----------------------------------------------------------

The adrenaline that was surging through your body was akin to a child's trying to steal a cookie from a cookie jar -although, the more you thought about it, the situation that you were currently in wasn't that far off from that exact scenario. You were almost one hundred percent sure that the two males trailing behind you not too far behind were feeling the same rush, seeing as Gunther and Eld were just as quiet and their footfalls sounded just as stiff as yours, "ᴳᵘʸˢ, ᵃᶜᵗ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ⁿᵃᵗᵘʳᵃˡ." you partially hissed out, although it was clear to the both of them that your slightly sharpened tone came from your own anxiety, and not any actual aggression or anger with them, "ᴿᵉᵐᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ, ʷᵉ'ʳᵉ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵐʸ ʳᵒᵒᵐ ᵗᵒ ᵖⁱᶜᵏ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ᵘᵖ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ qᵘⁱᶜᵏ."

If you hadn't been so focused on what you were doing, you were sure that your mind would have drifted off to the oaken-haired girl who had been occupying your mind quite a bit more these past two weeks since you both confessed. You had started today by heading over to the section commander's office in hopes of asking her if you could possibly go on that date with her today, seeing as the time since the idea was proposed was spent in making sure that the production of Special Target Restraining Weapons -as Erwin had renamed it from Barrel-Spear-Thingy, a much more formal name, you had to admit- went smoothly and that the soldiers who were going to possibly be operating them knew how to do so. But when you got there and entered -instead of being greeted by an enthusiastic Hanji like you typically were, a greeting you've grown to adore- the girl was sat at her desk, hair clutched in her left hand as she rested her head upon it and scribbled away on papers with her right. It was only when you asked her what she was doing that you understood; seeing that early tomorrow morning the fifty-seventh expedition was taking place, the high-ranking girl had quite a bit of work to do. And it was enough to upset you that she had to spend what should have been a free day inside, hard at work, nevermind the date -so you came to the conclusion that it was best to get in and out of there. You had made up your mind on the spot that you would ask her if you could spend the day training with the Special Operations Squad, and she granted you permission without a second thought.

It was then that you decided to take your leave, but before you could get through the door she had stopped you by calling out your name, "(Y/N)!" she had called out, pausing her writing as she met her cocoa hues to yours -a charming aspect about them as she smiled up to you, "Are you free tonight?" And it wasn't too long after that -with the exchange of a few more words, mainly an agreement on your part- the both of you had agreed to meet up for Hanji to take you somewhere later tonight once she had finished all of her paperwork. You weren't quite sure where it would be, but you were excited and curious to find out -that's for sure, 'I just hope I get to kiss her again,' you admitted to yourself, 'It's been driving me crazy not being able to do anything more than a hug or two.'

You shook your head, not having realised that -for quite possibly the hundredth time since this morning- you had let your mind drift off to the busy woman.

Presently, the three of you were making your way down the hallways of the Survey Corps HQ, heading towards Corporal Levi's office. About half an hour ago -after Hanji granted you allowance- you had asked the ravenette if you could simply train with your squad in hopes to; one, spend more time with them and two, annoy the absolute living hell out of Levi for threatening you almost a month ago -perhaps with a few accomplices if you were lucky enough. But what fate had offered you was better than any opportunity you could have wished for. Given that there was a lot to be done paperwork-wise on Levi's part today -you supposed that really all higher-ups were busy with such affairs after hearing that Levi was busy with papers as well- the corporal had actually put you in charge of the Special Operations Squad for the day, instructing you to make sure everything went smoothly training-wise and that everyone stayed on track.