『 𝟗 』𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒

𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 𝟐𝟎𝐓𝐇, 𝟖𝟓𝟎 𝐀𝐓 𝟐𝟑:𝟒𝟗

⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

Day 1, Entry 1 (April 18, 850; 09:51)

Ok! So this is the start of what I'm going to call the "sleep entries" because, well, that's what they are. Hanji Zoë and I, (Y/N) (L/N), decided to test and see how long Albert and Chicacchironi can fall and stay asleep while recording anything they do as well in the meantime. The following, unless otherwise mentioned, are Chicacchironi's entries.

Day 1, Entry 2 (April 18, 850; 14:21)

Chicacchironi just shifted his head a little to his left, not quickly, but rather slowly, like he was drooping his head to the left and the only way I could tell that he actually was, was for me to keep my eyes on where he has just been, and waiting to see if he moved out of my view. It was probably about only 4 centimetres given how big he is, but I still felt it enough to be noteworthy.

Day 1, Entry 3 (April 18, 850; 19:59)

Night 1 is approaching and nothing that extraordinary has happened yet (aside from the head thing I mentioned).

Day 2, Entry 4 (April 19, 850; 11:07)

A day has fully passed since we began observing them, and overall, Chicacchironi hasn't done much, even when the curtain is opened a little when Moblit comes in to check up on me. Next time he comes by I'll have to ask him how Albert is doing with Hanji, I keep forgetting.

Day 2, Entry 5 (April 19, 850; 13:38)

He just gave a tiny sigh. It was so quiet that I almost missed it, but because of how quiet it is, save for the occasional mumbling of Moblit when he comes by and my pencil on this very paper, I was able to hear it. I will try and listen carefully for anything else like it, and see if there is some sort of pattern.

Day 3, Entry 6 (April 20, 850; 00:41)

I forgot to mention previously, but during the times when Moblit brought in food for me (surprisingly not cold by the time I got it, kudos to him), Chicacchironi didn't seem to react in any way to it. He didn't smell, or move, or anything. I would have thought that since it was warm and the smell was definitely noticeable, maybe it would have garnered some sort of reaction, but regardless he remained motionless. Or maybe the smell was faint and I was just really hungry, I'm not sure. Either way, things are still the same, he didn't move and I'm starting to struggle to stay awake.

Day 3, Entry 7 (April 20, 850; 15:46)

Chicacchironi has done nothing, his breathing is consistent, his eyes are staying shut and his body is seemingly unconscious. My eyelids feel like sandbags and this dark environment isn't helping. My lantern is starting to not burn as brightly as before, and while it has lasted a long time now without any refuelling, I still think it's running low. Next time Moblit comes in, I'll have to ask him for some more oil.

  You skimmed your eyes tiredly across the pages, trying to keep yourself busy and awake as the hours were starting to take their toll on you; had you been able to at least get in a three to four hour nap every once in a while, you would have been feeling much more energised seeing as the work you typically procrastinated on -despite your love for it- made you stay up later than you would like to admit. Rolling the pencil in between your hands, you watched as it slid from left and right before eventually settling in the crevice in the middle of your hands -from your position laying on the cold, hard stone ground that you could feel dig into your elbows, the beast you were sent on watch duty for remained just as motionless as it had been for more than three days in front of you, a comfortable five metres laying between the distance. The journal that you had been writing in was opened to a mostly blank page, ready to write down any movements that Chicacchironi might try to make, when suddenly the pages were illuminated by a brighter -yet still soft- light. Darting your eyes to the lantern that still shone dully to your left, it took you a moment to realise that the light wasn't coming from it, but rather from behind you.