Heather

You're in love with Spencer but he only sees you as a best friend.. inspired by the song Heather.

Your POV

Today was the FBI ball (I don't know if this is an actual thing but it is for the sake story) It was 1 PM,  we had to be at the venue at 5 so I decided it was about time to get ready. I didn't really want to go to this, I wasn't one to dress up much or go out to big events. Besides.. I was the only one on the team that didn't have a date for the night.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out.

Spence: I know you hate these events.. We'll get through this! See you later :)

I groaned, usually Spencer would make my life so much easier at these things but he himself had a date. Heather.. They've been dating for a little over two months now and as much as it pained me to see them together, there's nothing more that I want than for Spencer to be happy. After everything he's been through.. He deserves happiness.

I turned on some music to listen to as I got ready. I decided on a sleek maroon dress, nothing too over the top but definitely enough to make me look and feel good. My hair was thick so it took me absolutely forever to get it all curled and pinned back perfectly as I liked.

 My hair was thick so it took me absolutely forever to get it all curled and pinned back perfectly as I liked

I saved my makeup for last, I knew my hair would take the longest to do

I saved my makeup for last, I knew my hair would take the longest to do. I had 2 hours left which was perfect amount of time to do my makeup, I wasn't much of a makeup guru but I knew how to get put together. 

Once I was done, I got dressed, adding some accessories and perfume. I gave myself one last glance in the mirror before deciding it was good enough. I grabbed my clutch and made my way to my car. Let's get tonight over with.

~~~

I pulled up to the venue, a luxurious looking event center. 

"Okay. Y/N.. it's just one night you'll be fine." I walked towards the entrance, what made tonight even worse, they were honoring the BAU... specifically our team. They insisted on having this big entrance for us, announcing our names as we walked in like we were royalty or something. I honestly hated the idea. 

I was a little late so I checked in quickly, going through security. 

"Y/N!!" I turned my head to see Emily and Mark. I smiled and waved at her.

"Emily! Hi!" I greeted her with a hug. "Mark." I nodded curtly at him. "You two look amazing!" 

"As do you!" She smiled. "Come on, we're the last ones." She pushed. I let them walk in before me. Music played in the venue and sure enough, they called their names as they walked through the door.

"SSA Emily Prentiss and Mr. Mark Smith!" A voice boomed over the music. I took one last deep breathe, stepping up to the door, telling the man with the mic my name. 

"SSA Y/N Y/L/N." He announced, I walked through the door and walked down the stairs slowly, not wanting to trip and fall down the stairs. I felt everybody's eyes on me and I hated it. After what felt like ages I finally made my way to the bottom of the stairs, immediately being greeted by Garcia and Alvez.

"Well well well, look who's all dolled up." Alvez teased.

"You look amazing!!!" Penelope smiled giving me a tight hug. The rest of the team gathered around us. Everyone said their hellos and we headed to our table.

"Hey.. uh.. Where's Spencer?" I asked JJ. She shrugged looking around at the crowd.

"I think Heather needed to use the restroom and Spencer helped her look for it." She looked at me with sad eyes as she spoke of the two. She gave me a reassuring nod and went to sit down next to Will. I sighed, yep. Tonight sure will be a long night.

Soon enough Spencer appeared with Heather clinging to his arm. His smile widened as he saw me sitting at the table. I smiled and jumped up from my seat.

"Hey you." I smiled, he gave me a tight hug.

"You look absolutely beautiful." He whispered in my ear and I could instantly feel my cheeks heat up. He pulled back from the hug and I greeted his girlfriend, Heather.

We took our seats, I sat down next to Alvez and Reid sat down on the other side of me. Alvez leaned over and whispered into my ear.

"How are you holding up?" He asked lowly, I knew he was referencing Reid and Heather, basically everyone on the team knew I had it in for Reid. Well.. everyone except Reid. For a guy that's a genius and a profiler he sure doesn't know how to pick up hints.

I shrugged at Luke.

"I'm doing my best." I sighed sadly. He patted my knee, giving it a light squeeze and turning back to converse with Penelope.

The rest of the night went by slowly, it was tough being surrounded by happy couples. There was a brief program, showing the history of the FBI and BAU, pretty standard stuff, they do it every year.

I was 4 glasses of wine in, trying my best to just get through the night. Pretty soon the music started and I groaned and rolled my eyes. Eventually everyone left the table to hit the dance floor and I sighed, downing the drink in front of me, making it glass #5.

"Are you gonna come join us?" Spencer stood by my chair, he stared down and me and I shook my head.

"Maybe in a bit.." I forced a smile at him, I didn't want to dance unless it was with him. He squinted his eyes at me and raised his eyebrow slightly, he was onto my. I rolled my eyes and let out a laugh.

"I'm fine. Don't even ask." I pointed my finger.

"Come on, Spencey.. I wanna dance." Heather whined next to him. I glanced between the two.

"I'm fine! Go have fun!" I stood up and shooed them away to the dance floor. I watched as they danced, Spencer looking like an absolute fool as he tried to do the robot. I chuckled, the rest of the team was nearby, dancing with each other and their dates.

I glanced back at Spencer and my heart ached, Spencer and Heather were kissing. Basically sucking face, which was slightly unusual for Spencer to do so publicly but I guess love changes a person. I glanced at my phone, deciding it was late, besides.. I couldn't bare to watch the two together anymore.

"Hey hey hey!" I stopped in my tracks, turning around to see JJ. "Where are you going? It's only 9!" She held onto my arm.

"I uhh, I'm pretty tired. I think I'm gonna call it a night." I shrugged. She definitely didn't buy it.

"This is about Spence and Heather?" She questioned. I sighed, defeated. I nodded, tears brimming my eyes almost instantly. JJ was quick to wrap her arms around me.

"It hurts so much." I cried into her shoulder, she nodded her head, squeezing me tight.

"I know, Y/N. I know." She tried her best to comfort me but it was no use.

"I wish I were Heather."

A/N: Alright this one shot is pretty short. BUT I really want to make a fanfic based off of this prompt... Would you guys be interested in reading it?! Please let me know, before I dive into it haha xx