First Impressions

Your POV

"Okay, let's get going." Spencer called from the living room, I gave myself one more look in the mirror before nodding and taking in a deep breath. Tonight is the first time I'm going to meet the team, Spencer always talked about his coworkers so highly and I wanted nothing more than for them to like me and approve of me.

"Okay, I'm ready to go, love." I smiled at Spencer.

"You look stunning. Come on, we're late." Spencer locked the door behind us and we headed to the Rossi's house.

"Don't be nervous, Y/N. They're going to love you." Spencer chuckled, placing his hand on my hand as he drove. To say that I was nervous is a major understatement. I nodded my head, trying to slow down my breathing. How bad could it be?

We pulled into this ginormous looking house. Spence laughed at my reaction to the house.

"Just wait till you see the inside." He parked the car and ran to my side of the car to open the door for me.

I looped my arm through his and we made our way to the front door. Okay Y/N, deep breathes. I reminded myself. Spencer rung the door bell and I stood there anxiously.

"Ahh! Pretty boy's here! And he brought his pretty friend!" A dark male smiled as he opened the door.

"Derek, this is Y/N, Y/N this is Derek." Spencer introduced me, Derek held out his hand for me to shake which I grabbed a hold of, he turned my hand and planted a small kiss on my knuckles, causing me to blush.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Y/N. Spencer here never stops talking about you." He teased Spencer.

"The pleasure is mine." I smiled back at him. He lead the way to the kitchen where everyone was. Everyone smiled at us and gave us greetings, Spencer proceeded to introduce me to everyone, I tried my best to put names to faces. I didn't want to mix their names up.

"So, Y/N. What is it that you do again?" The blonde, JJ asked me. 

"Oh, I'm a teacher. An elementary school teacher." I chuckled. They looked surprised at my words.

"Oh." JJ furrowed her eyebrows. "So you're good with kids! That's great!" She put a smile on her face. "I don't know how you do it, I can barely handle my own two kids!" She laughed. 

"Yeah, it's tough. But I love it, always had a passion for it. It's a lot easier than what you guys do." I chuckled. 

"So what college did you graduate from?" She pressed on. Usually I wouldn't think much of it, but her eyes were very pointed and came off kind of offensive.

"Uhh.. Y/C/N." I shrugged. It's a teaching degree, I didn't need to go anywhere fancy.

"Oh nice." She smiled. I nodded, coughing awkwardly and taking a sip of the wine in front of me.

"I'm not much a genius like Spencer here." I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood and divert the topic away from me and my occupation.

"What! Of course you are! If anything you're stronger than me. Y/N teachers special ed students and they absolutely love her. Her schools classroom success has skyrocketed since Y/N was hired! Grades and behavior. She's like a saint!" Spencer raved, making me blush.

"Pretty, great with kids, and smart." Derek raised and eyebrow with a smile. "You really got yourself a good one." He winked at Spencer.

"Come on, dinner will be served on the back porch!" Rossi cheered, everyone filed out of the kitchen, Spence and I falling to the back. 

"They hate me." I whispered to him. He rolled his eyes playfully and shook his head.

"They do not." He laughed. "What makes you say that?"

"JJ was basically trying to point out how stupid I am!" I whisper shouted.

"No she wasn't! She was just curious, don't take it personally. Sometimes she comes off that way. I promise she likes you." He pushed me out the back door and we sat down for dinner. The food was delicious and alcohol was finished.

Everyone sat around a small fire pit in the backyard and talked and laughed. It was calm and nice to see everyone with smiles on their faces. I assume with the job they have it's good to know that they can still be happy and enjoy their lives.

"Y/N, maybe you could help Jack with some math problems, he's been struggling and nobody can seem to get through to him." Aaron sat next to me. I nodded and smiled at him.

"Yeah of course! Math can be tough for some kids, I'd be more than happy to give it a shot." I smiled.

"Hey. I don't mean to come off as weird or anything, but I'm really glad you're with Spencer." He said to me. I glanced at Spencer who was laughing at something Penelope said. "We haven't seen him this happy in a really long time and when he said he found someone, we couldn't wait to meet who it was." Hotch spoke softly, so only I could hear. "You're a part of this family now, I just want to make sure you know how appreciated you already are." He patted my shoulder and gave me a smile.

"Thanks, Aaron. He makes me really happy too. I'm glad he has such a great family here. Knowing his history and all, I'm glad he has you guys." I smiled. Everyone here seemed so tight knit, but I guess, with an occupation like theirs, you had to be.

"It's getting late, you ready to head home love?" Spencer whispered in my ear. 

"Just a little longer, I'm enjoying this." I whispered back with a smile.

The rest of the night consisted of smores, crazy work stories and their next team outting. I guess I was nervous for nothing, the team definitely is intimidating at first glance, but in reality they're a bunch of goofballs that occasionally kick some serial killer ass.